FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFeeling a bit discouraged

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Minnie001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minnie001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling a bit discouraged
    Posted: 02 December 2008 at 9:46pm
Hi ladies! I feel like a bit of a fraud being here. I have a gaggle of darling children from my first marriage, but my fiance has no children. Unfortunately at the end of my unhappy relationship I had my tubes tied. My fiance and I thought we had therefore no choice but IVF. Then, however, we were thrilled to see FA and find out that there was a great chance of success if we had a reversal done. Extremely disappointed to find out that his count is only one million. Possibly partly due to weight? Partly due to wearing a kick ass king size nicotine patch at the time the sample was taken? Who knows. We're waiting til next year to try to build him up and hopefully get a better sample otherwise it's ICI? I can't even remember what it's called - I was in shock that my poor DF boys are few are far between. Anyway, that''s my story. Just wanted to say hi. It would be nice to pop in here a bit and have people in similar situations to talk to, if you all don't mind.
Sponsored Links

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:02pm
Hi there,
I'm very new to this site as well. I don't have any children and have just finished a second round of ivf treatment with ICSI - What you mentioned. My partner has unexplained infertility. I feel for him because he has never ever drunk in his life, never smoked, extremely healthy and fit and not a bit over weight. In fact the staff at our clinic were astonished at how such a healthy person could have this problem. In the end all they could put it down to was perhaps catching a nasty bug as a child or adult and it wiped out a lot of his sperm. Don't worry about whether you fit in or not, whether you have children or not and whether you are infertile or your partner is, it affects us all and if you ever need a cry on someones shoulder we're all here
Minnie001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minnie001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 12:36am
Aww, thanks Kazper, for making me feel welcome! Good luck with the ivf!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 9:55am
Your welcome Minnie!! Keep us posted!!
 Post Reply Post Reply