FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBraxton Hicks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braxton Hicks
    Posted: 04 December 2008 at 3:55pm
Hi Ladies

Did anyone else start getting BH quite early? I have been getting them for the past couple of weeks. (I am currently 17weeks). This is my 2nd pregnancy, and I remember getting them heaps last time - they drove me mad, I get them really strong, and they can be quite painful.

I can't remember what point they started last time. And forgot to mention it when I was with my midwife.

Can anyone tell me what stage they started to get them?

Cheers
Sponsored Links

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 4:23pm
I think I was about 23 weeks when I started feeling them, this is my first pregnancy. Not sure if you can start getting them earlier with subsequent preggies, maybe someone else knows.
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:02pm
I started gettting them at only 14 weeks when I was pregnant with Emily. I got them quite often and quite strong too.

Missed MC July 2011
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 7:13pm

I got them from about 25 weeks first time and about 16-18 weeks second time (can't remember exactly)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 7:36pm
I was about 15 weeks this time. Typically speaking, they start almost immediately but it takes a while for mums to feel them. With subsequent pregnancies, you know what to look out for and they are often picked up earlier.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:08pm
I felt them at 16 weeks last time, and this time it was a little later... about 18-19 weeks I think.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:08pm
about 12 weeks here...oh joy!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 9:15pm
15 ish weeks both times here. I had them real bad with Spencer and it has been the same if not slightly worse this time.
On the plus side at least part of me is toned

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 3:12pm
I got them from about 17 weeks with this pregnancy, nut not til really late with my first!
Mine usually come on from bending down and they take my breath away sometimes!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
 Post Reply Post Reply