FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAllergy ????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2girlsandaboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2girlsandaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy ????
    Posted: 12 December 2008 at 8:07pm
Tonight my DD2 who has no known Allergies had her dinner, nothing new - bacon and egg pie and veges. About 10 minutes later she tucked her self in bed (which in itself was unusual) and went to sleep only to wake up vomiting and screaming with a rash on her arms, legs and mouth.

I have a son with allergies so I gave her some of his Phenergan which stopped her itching and she has calmed down and gone back to sleep (her lips are not swollen and she has no swelling around the face - just the red rash).

Im keeping a close eye on her but do you think it could be an allergy even if she has had all those foods before.
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 8:12pm
It could just be a bug, even with the rash, but it's definitely something you will want to keep an eye on. How old is she?
2girlsandaboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2girlsandaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 8:23pm
She will be 3 in March. I will wait a couple of weeks before giving egg again and see if she reacts.

All rather random. Why do children only seem to vomit when it is raining and I can't get the washing dry??
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 8:26pm
Sometimes don't allergies occur after repeated exposure?
I hope it is just a bug though as that would be a bummer if she does now have an allergy to something.

soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:17pm
Tania, i only just read it.

Did she show red face and high temperature when she was vomiting?

With two older children who both is allergic to egg, they both have very similar reaction! which is very different to milk allergy reaction occur with my youngest, same as your youngest (ie swelling neck etc)

This is classic egg allergy reaction (I have checked with other friends who got children with egg allergy reaction) is swelling lip and mouth (but not always), hives (if egg contacted the skin, can be look like blisters), very pale face, lack of communication, want to lie down or sit in quiet corner few mins after ate egg or food contain egg, then vomiting non-stop till medication kick in. Depend on how much they exposure to egg, the rashes developed too like botches/sandpapers on their skin around the chest, tummy, back areas more common, rarely spread to arms and legs and often still there 24hours later.

How she is today?

Edited by soph
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 8:48pm
Kels has a 2yo with egg white allergy, you could PM her (she is also a plunket nurse).
 Post Reply Post Reply