FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF SUCESS STORIES PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF SUCESS STORIES PLEASE
    Posted: 18 January 2009 at 2:42pm
Hello, just curious to know some of the good news stories..and how many IVF cycles it took and also what was the reason for IVF in the first place?as well as ages etc... Look forward to any stories...
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 5:13pm
There are heaps of them here mtjt - there is a thread in the pregnancy board 'Babies due after IVF' which give lots of names, and many of those stories/journies can be found in the Coping with Infertility board.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 10:17pm
Hi Ginger

Thanks for that - i will have a look at that.

cheers
mtjt
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 9:22am
Hi there... my story:

1st baby: conceived with no problems (unplanned age 20).

2nd baby: Tried for 6 years with no luck -(unexplained), a friend mentioned Fertility Associates so DH and I went to Dr and were referred, had lap and dye, turns out I had endo (no symptoms), and a blocked tube so qualified for a publicly funded round of IVF... 12 eggs retrieved, 5 of which made it to embryos. 1 transferred, 4 frozen... Didn't stick.... had to wait til the following Feb, had frozen thawed transfer... now have 1 year old baby girl!

3rd baby: tried for another frozen thawed transfer... didn't stick, but then I conceived the 'old school way' with a BFP!! (after 8 years!!)

I now have an 11 year old, a 1 year old, one due in June, and also 2 frozen embryos.
tamrib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 2:48pm
About 10 years ago, I conceived naturally (unplanned) but had a very early miscarriage and figured I'd have no trouble getting pregnant when I was ready.

Tried for 6 years (am infertile due to extensive endo).

I have done 4 cycles, with 3 of them having embryos left over for the freezer. In my 2nd cycle, I got pregnant but lost the baby halfway through.

In my 4th cycle, I transferred a fresh embryo and BFN. On my 3rd frozen transfer, I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 1 1/2.

Thought I'd put the last frozen embryo in, not anticipating it would work (I must have put back atleast 15 frozen ones over the years) and bam, pregnant again. This time, the embryo split and I'm expecting identical twins.

Hang in there, it can work.
 Post Reply Post Reply