FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Happi" Car seat inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Happi" Car seat inserts
    Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:30am
does anyone know much about these? or have experience with them?

Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:46am
We had one for Isabelle ... seemed to do the job (and it made her seat extra comfy)

We have kept if for number two.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 11:00am
Yep we got one for Rowan - worked well. They reckon you only need it until around 8 months so you get either the capsule or the carseat one depending on what you're using for the baby initially.

However, we put the capsule one in her carseat which made it a little more comfortable for her to begin with when we first moved her to it at around 6 months. Only difference between capsule and carseat ones is the carseat ones have side wings.

Definitely using it for number 2.

They are just covered foam in an "H" shape so you could buy one second hand off TM and not worry that it would be dangerous.

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 11:17am
i'm wondering about making one similar to it but not sure on size etc. David is 3mth & i am moving him to a convertible carseat as of today. i have foam dh brought home from work but not sure if i will be able to do it or not?

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 11:32am
Bobbie, is that the one you got from BabyFactory? When I do a search I can only find them from Baby on the Move.

Do you guys still use it now that the kids are bigger or is it more just a baby thing?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 11:41am
Freesia, yep they come from the Baby Factory .. I used to have it in Isabelles carseat, but we moved it out a couple of months ago.

Chonny, I can give you the measurements when I get home if you like.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 11:44am
Ah, I just found an article that said they're available from baby factory and para rubber.

Thanks lilfatty.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 12:27pm
i saw that article bout para rubber too, just wish i knew where one was.....

measurements would be fab lilfatty! thanks!

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 1:06pm
Here is a link to the Para Rubber website and their locations. Doesn't look like there are any close to you, unless you don't mind a little bit of a drive.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 1:21pm
thanks freesie, looks like the closest is mt roskill, perhaps one day when i am in town i will pop in

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:51pm
Freesia it's just something for the first 8 months of life as after that time their tongue doesn't obstruct the airway when their head falls forward IIRC.

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 7:21pm
well took David out today in the big carseat & his chin is deffinately on his chest. more so than the capsule i think will definately be trying to make a car seat insert thingy coz he is still so lil. Vincnet wasn't in this carseat until he was 7mths or so hence why it such a big deal for me with David. plus, Vincent never gagged on stuff like david does.

Post Reply Post Reply