FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConfused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused
    Posted: 12 March 2009 at 7:00pm
I'm a little confused about what is going on with my little Isobelle .
She is being treated for gastric reflux and was put on a trial of neocate because we suspected a milk protein allergy. The Neocate didn't help at all in fact it actually aggrevated her symptoms and so we stopped the trial. Since then she has been having Karicare HA AR formula as we have had some improvement on it but the vomiting and discomfort continues. Today she was very farty so I gave her a dose of weleda colic powder and she has been violently projectile vomiting all day. The colic powder is lactose based and I am wondering if she might actually have a lactose intolerance.
The confusing thing is that she has symptoms that can fit in to either reflux or lactose intolerance.
Maybe it's both? Has anyone heard of lactose intolerance presenting with reflux symptoms?
Sponsored Links

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 9:05pm
When we saw a paed he said the symptoms are the same and because reflux is more common they try to treat that first
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 1:18pm
Hi yep we have lactose intolerance presenting with reflux!! Severe silent reflux actually its nasty!
Any type of raw dairy or lactose sets Jake off. Hes in agony and can't sleep and vomits and sobs - its heartbreaking
I recommend trying Goats Milk formula first - get a Child Disability form from WINZ and get your doc to fill it out. Its not income tested and at $78 a ftnight it makes the formula a helluva lot more affordable. They can't properly her til shes closer to 2 so you're doc should be sweet to fill it out. The next thing to try is the Karicare Lactose-free formula.
Thats my recommendation anyway it worked for us
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 12:56pm
Thanks for all that info Babe, it is really helpful and great to know that I'm not imagining things. I got the PM you sent me and I've sent you one too.
 Post Reply Post Reply