FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat to do with bubs Under 1!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lulubell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulubell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with bubs Under 1!!
    Posted: 27 March 2009 at 5:14pm
I've got a wee 4 month old baby and am trying to find some interesting activities in West/ Central Auckland (I live in New Lynn). If anybody has any suggestions I would be really keen to find some fun stuff to do!
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 5:22pm
We started swimming lessons with Issy at three months. She also started jumping beans.

There is also mainly music .. ALL kids (no matter how old) music
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 9:58pm
I second Mainly Music, we started going when the gremlins were about 18 mths, so lil miss has been going since birth and she loves it, she even dances lol. And I've met some really lovely people there.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:31am
Mainly music is great and they are all over the place. I take henry every week and he loves it. Coffee groups are always great, especially if theres similar aged children. I meet weekly with a friend of mine with twins the same age as henry and they all have a ball and her and i get to catch up too (bonus!!). Walks are always great, i try to do them when henry has just woken up that way he can look and learn about everything. Cant think of anything else right now.
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 12:45am
another one for mainly music Megan has been going since she was about 3 months old..she would have gone earlier but was born just before term finished.

kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 9:46pm
Yes mainly music is really good. DS 4 months loves it.

Niecey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:38pm
where can you do swimming with babies? and is it recommended for babies over a certain age (just in case)? you have to worry bout the chlorine in the pool, right?
Denise

kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:32pm
I took DS to Miranda hot springs at 3 months. I don't think the chlorine is a problem really, the main thing is making sure the water isn't too hot/cold

Most places allow babies to swim as long as they are wearing a swimming nappy (which you can buy at most pools)

Another thing you could do is go to Western Springs and feed the ducks etc. They come right up to you, DS loves them!!
And its a nice place to go for walks with the pram.

Edited by _kellie_

MrsSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 12:05am
Auckland Libraries have a free Active Movement class for under twos. Check their website or phone around.
Plunket in your area may also have something similar.
The Museum is good in winter, entry fee is optional, lots to look at, has a kids area for all ages, and it's warm.
Get an annual zoo pass, once the kids are walking they love all the space. Otherwise we found they love people-watching first, and watching animals second.
When a little older, Westfield Albany has a good playground downstairs, inside, free, next to two $2 shops :) It's a nice day out to a newer mall.
Playcentres are fun, and a great place to meet Mums.

Edited by MrsSmith
 Post Reply Post Reply