FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot coping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not coping
    Posted: 03 April 2009 at 3:53pm
Hi,

so I am 7 weeks preggas with my 2 child and have a DD who is 19months. I have been on antideppresants for a good 5 or 6 years now and am usually ok, however lately I am just not coping I have nausea at present but not too bad but am so tired and angry and emotional

I feel I cant cope with home life (looking after DD) and am constantly getting annoyed at her ( try not to get angry but it is hard) and DH gets an earful about 2x a night at the moment

Is there any one else that feels likes this - I am just flying of the handle and breaking down into tears oh and having panic attacks

Please help

Sponsored Links

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 4:15pm
I was feeling like that when I was in the earlier stages of this pregnancy. It's not easy when you have a toddler who decides that they don't want to listen to you, and will do whatever they want, and you feel grotty and yuck all the time, and feel you have no energy for anything.

Is there anyone around who can help you out - even if it's just for an afternoon or a morning? I've only been on ADs (this time around) for nearly a year, but was told that the anti-nausea tablets that I had been prescribed when I was in hospital weren't too good with the depression and the ADs; and if you're anything like me, feeling rotten just makes you feel worse. I ended up ringing MMH because I felt like I wasn't coping, (and having been a previous client wasn't as nervous to ring them this time around). In the end I was lucky that I went and stayed with my Mum for what was going to be a week (turned into 2) and she helped me look after myself and my DS.

If you don't have anyone around who may be able to help, then I suggest talking to your MW, or maybe your GP and see what they suggest. Your definately not alone in this boat. I hope things come right for you soon

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 4:27pm
Hi hun, firstly congrats on the pregnancy!

I have been feeling like that and sorry to say am kind of glad someone else is feeling that way too! I've found my tolerance levels have gone down a lot and it's hard not to get angry at DS's wee tantrums and somewhat destructive behaviour. I've been stressing myself out so much I've been going to bed with migraines most nights, which isn't healthy.

I'm also really emotional. Every little thing that is sad/tear jerking makes me cry which doesn't usually happen. I've been off anti-d's for nearly a year now and have been contemplating going back on them 'just in case' I'm heading down that road again, as I see the signs.

Sorry no advice other than if you can, get a break a couple of times a week. I consider myself lucky in a way that I have to work part time so have DS in care 2x a week. Going to work, even though I hate my job, really feels like a break and enables me to come back refreshed and enthusiastic.

Also, remember you're in that stage of the first trimester where tiredness/sickness etc is at its peak (between 7 and 10 weeks if I remember rightly) so try to hang in there and think, this will get better soon. I know I've started getting a wee bit more energy and that's really helped me see things a bit more rationally.
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 6:33pm
thanks ladies, I am glad to hear I am not the only one - I hate getting angry at my lil girl and it makes me feel worse.

I have alot of support - my mum is just great she spends a couple of days a week with us and when my DH is home he is a legend, but it still does not feel enough at the moment I feel like I need someone fulltime which is unrealistic but is the thought in my head

I have been thinking about putting dd in preschool a couple of morrnings a week but just thinking about that makes me feel sad it all just reminds me I am not coping aaaahhhh

I am so hoping this will all end soon and not last the whole pregnancy

I am on a high dose of Antideppressants so am not keen to up the dose

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:12pm
hugs to you i felt like this when i got pregnant again(mc at 7 weeks) ...and got panic attacks and ocd worse .... happened in the beginning of preg with Ethan as well and for me a bit at the end as well..i guess hormone levels....

I have E in preschool two mornings a week and it is brilliant for both of us and for me getting over the mc and this anxious patch.. i don't feel like for me it means I'm not coping it is good for him having a few hours away from me (as he was never away from either DH or me) and he loves it now..:)

I am glad you have support..and you always have a listening ear around here!
Mum to two amazing boys!
BOPKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOPKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 3:52pm
I Do Know what you are going through. My two are 5 and 3. But I went to hell and back with my postnatel depression. Which I have had since the birth of our first daughter. The wounds are still open. I still go though many bad patches.

Edited by BOPKiwi
 Post Reply Post Reply