FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedengaging baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engaging baby
    Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:22pm
im only 36 weeks but have been think about baby engaging. im carrying really low bt he isnt engaged at all. the only reason im worried so early is becuase both of my sisters children didnt engage and she had to have c-sections. her pelivs was an ok size they just didnt want to move. i have heard of things like using a swiss ball to sit on has anyone else had much experience of this and does anyone has any tricks or tips to help baby engage? i walk 6km most days of the week so walking isnt a problem but any other ideas would be amazing. i really dont want a medical delivary so im hoping bubs moves down on his own.

Sponsored Links

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:54pm
My first baby didnt engage until i was in labour!!! ( i was induced), the second engaged to 2/5 (im sure thats how they put it) at 34ish weeks and i was induced at 38 weeks. Both were straight forward vajayjay births.

At my last appointment this baby wasnt engaged but im sure it is now because i felt a bit of a drop and now im always getting pressure way down!

Sorry no tips here though, i just went with the flow
*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 4:24pm
Hi Monikah

Try an osteopath. They can ensure that the gap in your pelvis is as large as it can possibly be - which also makes for an easier labour

Acupunture can assist with the baby's position and (I think) engagement. But you are probably a bit early to be considering this.

Someone also told me once that swimming breaststroke is great for making baby engage - less sure about this one though!
 Post Reply Post Reply