FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat do you do...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you do...
    Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:42pm
...when you go away?

We are going away at Easter & that's easy, in the car, will take all the nappies with us as we are going to our bach/holiday house so have all normal facilities, Can soak/wash dry with ease.

BUT we are flying to Chch mid may & it will be a little difficult. So do you guys just use disposies? Or do you dry your MCN's in the drier & how long do they take?

Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:49pm
i use disposables - well, we did when taine was little. now he's in night nappies only, depends where we go and who we stay with, but when he was fully in nappies, i would use disposables while travelling.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 7:37am
If you're flying, I would go with disposables. Cloth nappies take up so much room in your luggage it isn't funny.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 7:45am
Yeah was thinking that might be the easiest!

So what is the best boys nappy out there? I'll go to Nappies direct as they are cheaper & their nappies are quite good. But then again it's probably easier to get one packet here & another packet in Chch.

Who would have thought I would have felt weird about using disposibles!
Kel

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 9:40am
I used cloth the first time we went away and stayed with grandparents as I had never used a sposie.  since then we use sposies.  It is so much easier and takes up less room.  I swear by huggies.  expensive yes, but apart from James leaking out of one the other night (god knows how) we have very little nappy failure.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 9:42am
I always use sposies when we go away, even for one night - it makes it more of a holiday for me . I have 2 girls no boys, but we always use huggies fornight time.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 10:17am
I highly recommend the homebrand nappies!! They were on Target and tested equal to huggies but are only $5 a pack versus however much huggies are.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 10:54am
Homebrand is countdown?
Kel

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 11:17am
I absolutely second recomending homebrand!!! apparently they are made by huggies but are in cheaper packaging, i find they do the same job as huggies at way less than half the price!!!

They are at countdown.
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 7:48pm
We went to a wedding in Wanaka for the weekend a few weeks back, we just used Huggies disposables too, much easier.

I was going to buy Homebrand the other day when I was in Countdown to try them but they don't have newborn size!!
Will have to wait til Campbell has grown a bit more to try them.
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by whitewave whitewave wrote:

I was going to buy Homebrand the other day when I was in Countdown to try them but they don't have newborn size!!
Will have to wait til Campbell has grown a bit more to try them.

Yeah that is a bummer ay!! i was disapointed that they only have 2 sizes!
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:49pm
We use dissposables when we go away. Gives me a break and saves bringing back smelly nappies. THough if we are going somewhere to see family i use cloth at night as i find them better than disposables.
What sizes do the homebrand come in? My friend with twins uses huggies and wont use anything else and was thinking of buying her a pack to try becasue she would save so much money - havent been able to convince her to go cloth yet lol
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 9:24pm
The pack I got is 5-10kg 16 per pack & on special atm for 4.59
Kel

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 9:31pm
I always used sposies when travelling, unless going somewhere for a week or more with good washing facilities. I've always prefered Huggies but once older I found Treasures Ultra worked well for Leo too.

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 10:11pm
oh 5-10kgs?? there must be more sizes than i thought then because in the whakatane countdown they only have 10-15kgs and 15-20kgs.Thats good to know then
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 10:32pm

It depends on where I am going. I took my cloths to Oz with me but put most of them in the baggage so that I only had a few (2 I thing) in my carry on. Josh is on a sposie at night and we use Huggies, Ultras or the woolworths branded one (not the HB ones) on him.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:41pm
I usually use sposies when we go to the bach as they are hard to dry if it isn't sunny. One xmas I took cloth though, last xmas didn't as we were worried about running out of water.

When we went to Nelson last year to see the inlaws I just bought sposies once we got there, saved on luggage
Lindsey

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 5:19pm
Taking the cloth away with me, got 14 Flats packed & 6 MCN's, got disposies to try for tomorrow as we are out & about all day so I know what works for Chch.

It feels weird as I can't remember how long a disposie lasts
Kel

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:10pm
Homebrand have all the normal sizes
 Post Reply Post Reply