FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfreezing milk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: freezing milk?
    Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:25pm
i know some people do, but is it okay, does it still taste the same when it defrosts, and wouldn' t it expand and break the bottle?? Just thought it would be a good idea so that I dont run out...(not talking breast milk either, just a standard two litre container)

Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:54pm
It's ok, tastes the same, yes it expands so take about half a cup out and squeeze the bottle, make sure you defrost it in the fridge (will take overnight).
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:56pm
I only recently found out that people do this, and I just so happen to have had an extra 2L bottle I needed to store so I gave it a go. Have to say, I was worried when the milk turned yellow when it froze, but it went back to normal when defrosted and I didn't notice any difference in taste.

Another thing, make sure you are careful whereabouts in the freezer you store it. If you put it in one of those narrow door shelves it might not come out so easily..trust me hahaha
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:08pm
We always freeze milk coz its cheaper to grab a couple when doing the fortnightly shopping than having to pop to the dairy whenever we run out and pay more for it. Never noticed a difference in taste and we have frozen almost every kind you can think of.

Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:50pm
We always freeze our milk - and must admit we dont take any out, the plastic bottle just expands!! Cant taste anything different, just takes a while to defrost, but easier to organise than a trip to the supermarket/dairy to get more milk!!
hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 6:40pm
Hi, you can also freeze cream too.
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:25pm
We freeze milk too... sometimes I forget it is there haha but Mum let me in on that secret.

99% of the time the milk is fine. But once I defrosted it in the fridge (on a paper towel) and went to use it and it was off. My guess it wasn't stored well at the supermarket or dairy before stored into their fridges.

The yellow colour threw me too, but as soon as it defrosts its white again. Magic!

Post Reply Post Reply