FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 3:31pm
yeah and she looked great just after she had the baby -it all dropped off her! You may find the same thing with happens with you!
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 3:54pm

y'know, my husband told me last night "you're officially rounder than you are wide now" (meaning the bump is poking out further and further)... and I was PROUD!  In many cultures it's insulting to comment on someone losing weight and a compliment to say they're getting fatter (pity ours is skinny-worshipping).  This is the first time in my adult life that I haven't felt bad about the scales creeping up and I'm loving it. 

I don't think we should give a toss about other people's comments on our weight too (unless they make us feel good of course!  )... too many people told me my bump was too small for 20 and 21 weeks which eventually had me wondering if it really was, but baby is measuring just right, and the way I've been eating recently, they'll be telling me just the opposite soon!!  Unless asked for their opinions, they really should keep them to themselves.  It's a bit rude to comment on a woman's size, innit. 

Andie
mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 11:09am
Spot on Andy! Spot on!
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
Enya269448 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enya269448 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 7:58pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck babes!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12