FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThin Lizzy Make Up - Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:08pm
Hi guys, I use thin lizzy during the day overtop of tinted moisturiser and love it. I only use a thin layer as I have quite pale skin to avoid the orange/dark look.

At night, I use it overtop of my foundation as a bronzer.

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:16pm
I keep it in the car lol for when I run out of the house as it's super easy to put on. Great for making you look tanned. As others said not as a coverage thing.

I do put it over top of my normal makeup for the bronze look as well.

I went halves with Mum & I think we got a lot for our $25.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:34pm
I hate thin lizzy! Im a natural redhead so have quite a pale complexion, and when i use it not in the summer months i look like i have put fake tan on my face thats gone wrong! I hate how the adds make out that people with pale skin can use it aswell, peeves me off!
karen27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 8:21pm
Hey to you all, I thought I would give you my thoughts and advice on thin Lizzy. I have a portwine stain brithmark that covers 95% of my face. I started wearing make up at 17 when a lady in a cosmetic store got me using Elizabeth Arden, I used is for many years and thought it was ok - by this I mean it did the trick of covering up my birthmark - at least in my eyes. However I found it a bit greasy, and had a shine look to it. Then just over a year ago someone to my good fortune bumped into me who works for Thin Lizzy and she changed my life in terms of feeling better about myself and having a make up that best works for me. Dont get me wrong I had my doubts when I saw thin lizzy adverts on tv, but I was given the oppertunity to try it and its just great. I swear by it. I use the concealer and mineral foundation as my birthmark it so dark but it feels and looks so much better and my skin just feels and looks healhier when I take it off at night. I done my own makeup wearing thin lizzy for my wedding. and I have had so many fab comments. Thin Lizzy all the way. I just wish they sold it in the UK as will be moving back there in a few years. It does rub of and leave patchy marks just like any make up if you rub in a area, just top up. Thin lizzy lasts long so you dont have to buy it too often and I feel I look natural you just have to find the colour that works best for you. I swin in it and sunbath in it and it doesnt come of or fade etc. And to top it off my face doesnt get sunburnt! THIN LIZzY +++++++++++++
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 10:10pm
I dont like thin lizzy as it gives my skin a funny tone, but I loooove loreal mineral foundation - just as easy to apply and much harder to stuff up - i have quite good skin so dont use concealer or anything but wouldnt be without my mineral foundation
http://lilypie.com]
Chops1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chops1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 10:20am
mmm I'm a redhead with pale skin and I like it...
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 10:13pm
I have been using the same makeup for years - I use:

Revlon foundation (Colorstay) then Revlon pressed powder (Colorstay aswell) followed by Clinique bronzer. They give good long lasting coverage and don't give you that heavily made up look.

I have not personally used Thin Lizzy but a girl in my coffee group was a makeup artist for television and they apparantely use it all the time, so must work well for some!
Kellyfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2010 at 10:53pm
Thin lizzy is ok, and you get 2 compacts and a couple of eyeliners for like $50 so it's quite cheap compared to other brands. In saying that I never found it any good as a foundation. It's a bronzer and good for putting a bit of colour in your cheeks, but you do have to be careful not to overkill, especially if you are a pasty ginger like me! I use it in the summer as a quick fix when I can't be bothered with the whole foundation thing, or if I'm going out I put it over my foundation, kind of as a blusher/bronzer.
Also I have quite dry skin at times, and I would not recommend it for people with dry skin. It tends to make it look even more flaky and haggard, so unless you want to drown in moisturiser first, I would avoid.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 8:55am

I have it and quite like it once I got used to how much to put on.

Did you end up getting osme Steph?

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 9:21am
I have used thin lizzy for a few years. I have really pale skin so normal foundation alone makes me look really washed out so putting a bit of thin lizzy on my cheeks etc just adds a bit of colour but I wouldn't use it as all over foundation cause it makes me orange (even the light shade). I use moisture mist foundation and it is great and actually got some ZA cosmetics foundation a while ago cause the chemist were doing a 'trade a shade' where you take in your old foundation and get a ZA cosmetics one free (just took in a foundation that was almost empty lol) and it's actually really good too.
I think thin lizzy is pretty cheap really considering you get 2 compacts, 2 brushes, 2 double ended eyeliners (brown/black) and 2 lip glosses. The twin pack lasts me about a year so works out to be really cost effective.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 9:22am
Kellyfer, I have dry skin on my forehead & it doesn't make it look worse at all.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 3:35pm
I was a skeptic, but decided to give it a go, and now it is all I use, I do find that if I am touching up in the afternoon then only a tiny amount is needed to avoid going too dark, but all in all I am happy with it
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 3:58pm
i brought some to try it and i would say i hate it.

i have pale dry skin with freckles and i end up looking like an orange scaly dragon. even with barely applying any, and it dries me out more, especially near my eyes and mouth where my exchema is at its worst

to get good non orange coverage i have to moisturise, apply my moisture mist/shisaedo cake stuff, then put the thin lizzy on top to give me the tan. and that takes like 15 min, compared to the 30seconds they advertise.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 4:23pm
I like it to highlight my cheeks, but I wouldn't use it all over... even if I try and use barely any I look orange.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
IndigoZero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 4:09am
Becks I didn't end up getting it. I just started using Designer Brands Mineral Powder ...and now I have won a years supply ($1000 tab to spend on their make up at my local chemist, plus a bag of goodies RRP $200) and they've given me their new Mineral Ground Powder Foundation, Bronzer and Illuminator (which is yet to hit the shelves) and OMG IM SOLD!

It hides anything and everything, I don't think Thin Lizzy would even come close!

So everyone definitely look out for Designer Brands Mineral Ground products (In shiny silver boxes, sold at selected pharmacies). Unsure as to when they come out but will post back here when i see them.

They seriously make my skin flawless (And I have dry/very sensitive skin). And yay for winning such a big prize hehe
lovinmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovinmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:12pm
Miss Independent thats awesome!!! Wow what a win! you lucky girl - you should buy a lotto ticket!

I'm new to this site but as a film&television make-up artist, I'm still passionate about beauty products(even though I don't have much time for them since bubba came on the scene!)

But I thought I would add my two cents. Thin Lizzy is an excellent product for its price point. My kit contains mainly M.A.C and Dior but I still use the TL bronzer, concealers and minerals b/c they use natural ingredients e.g. ginger, beeswax, purified water etc and they actually work!

But you need to use them properly :) The 6-in-1 bronzer wont provide coverage, its for shaping, bronzing and higlighting. The mineral powder provides great, natural coverage, and you only need the tiniest amount (it disperses as it warms on your skin). The concealear is for using on dark circles, varicose veins, bruises and stretchmaks (yep we all have those now!)

For you fair ladies I would recommend the minerals in Oriental Doll - it makes me look flawless and healthy & it only takes a sec to put on... just dont have the time to get made up like I used to! hope that is helpful! :)
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:53pm
MissIndependant - OMG thats so awesome! could you give us a before and after photo? im almost out of liquid and am thinking of making the change to mineral because I just dont have the time to do my whole routine anymore! it makes me (95%) flawless but it takes so long. green cream, concealor, liquid, loose powder, then the "make up" stuff.

would love to be able to just quickly brush a loose powder over my face and walk out the door if im going somewhere

Thin Lizzy for me was absolutely USELESS as a foundation like they claimed because i have very pale skin. even the lightest one they had i still looked like a damn carrot. (even with one stroke of the brush through the compact and use that for my whole face)

but in saying that, it was great as an eyeshadow and a quick contour/blush over my liquid foundation.

but would never buy it again. ever.
gossamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 6:25pm
I know this thread is about thin lizzy but I would recommend MAC face and body, its not cheap but its 100ml which is more than 3 times the standard bottle of foundation you would get from a chemist or whatever. Its buildable so you can apply it very lightly or layer it when you want more coverage..very few foundations will let you do this without caking and going patchy. I think its about $80 or something I cant remember as I get a discount but it will last you a long long time, i wear it everyday and go through one bottle about every 9-10 months.

I know I sound like I work for MAC but I dont I just love this foundation. If you have oily skin like me you might need a light dusting of powder but thats it. And it doesnt move all day and looks like a second skin. It doesn't have an SPF but if you know how SPFs react to flash photography, its better to have your SPF in your moisturiser than your foundation anyway.
T (6)
A (2)
Our angel baby Sep 2011

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:20am
I have a heap of trouble finding a good foundation. As I have pale combination skin and have found that every foundation I use always looks terrible. I even got the chemist to reccomend some and put it on, but even though it looked good at the time now I don't like it.

So can anyone reccomend one that has good coverage but looks natural and is easy to apply?
lovinmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovinmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:52pm
Hi Codysmum,

I'm not sure how pale you are, I'm pretty pale too. If you have combination skin, steer clear of liquids (unless you have time for a primer and setting powder... but who has time for that?!)

Try the Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation in Oriental Doll it will let your combo skin breathe and the minerals deflect light away from the skin, which detracts from uneven skintone- Make sure you apply it with a light hand. If you get oily through your T-zone, my little cheapie trick to blot oil is to press tissue paper (wrapping paper not toilet tissue ) whereever your oily - its cheaper than buying blotting paper !!

@MyLilSquishy, were you using the light 6-in-1 or the mineral foundation??? The 6-in-1 is only for bronzing and contouring on pale skin. If its the mineral foundation, call them back and tell them it didn't work for you I reckon xo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12