FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGranules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Granules
    Posted: 27 April 2009 at 1:40pm
So Isobelle is on omprazole granules now and they seem to be working better than the suspension. Her pre-feed vomiting has stopped. Just wondering what everyone else does with the rest of the granules. Issy gets 3 doses from one capsule but by the time we get to the 3rd dose it seems to have lost its effectiveness. At the moment we have been putting the granules back in the capsule and storing it in the fridge.
Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 3:16pm
We have never stored them in the fridge. Were you advised to? We got 2 doses from one capsule and would leave the 2nd dose in the capsule till it was used in the afternoon. What dose is she on and what strength are the capsules?
Mum to two wee boys
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:42pm
They're 10mg capsules and she has a third of the capsule twice day. We weren't advised to put them in the fridge, habit I guess we keep most medications refrigderated and the suspension had to be in the fridge. The instructions do say not to store above 25 degrees.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:52pm
Try them in the pantry/cupboard (and personally, I'd sneakily try 1/2 capsule 2x/day). What happens if you use a "new" capsule for the 3rd dose?
Mum to two wee boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:03pm
I had the same problem when Mercedes was on 1/2 capsule, it's a PITA to split them.

Lil miss is on 1 capsule once a day now but at Isobelle's age she was on 1 capsule twice a day so I don't think it would do any harm to try 1/2 capsule twice a day like Flissty suggested.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:55pm
I went up to 1/2 a capsule twice a day, tried it for a week and no difference so we went back to the dr. He has put her on Losec, she was on the Dr Reddy's, and it's so much better. He officially reviewed her dosage as well. I did some looking around and found that the dosage she was on 1/4 capsule twice a day, is a small dose for a baby who is 3kg's and she is almost 7kg now.
Her reflux is silent now, not so much washing, but it is burning on the way up and on the way down so it is actually worse.
I can't wait for this to all go away...
 Post Reply Post Reply