FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappies leaking...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappies leaking...
    Posted: 29 April 2009 at 3:08pm
Hi, we're using Real Nappies, we are still on the Newborn size as it says they go up to 6kg and my daughter is only just 4.5kg. They were fine up until about a week ago but since then, every single time she wears one her clothes get wet too! I am making sure the insert is inside the cover, and it is done up snuggly so there are no gaps between the nappy and her skin, but still having to change her clothes every nappy change

Does anyone else have this problem? Did you have to change the type of nappies you use? The next size up starts at 5kg so she's still too little to go up a size!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2009 at 12:05pm
I've never used Real Nappies (prefold system) but when you change her is the inserts sopping wet? If so then you may need to boost them or change more often. If the insert isn't really wet then it's more likely a leak caused by the cover. You could try upsizing to see if it helps - the weight ranges are only a guide as each baby's body shape is different.

Vic xx

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2009 at 6:13pm
Might need stripping.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply