FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny older bubs still on Losec?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any older bubs still on Losec?
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 5:21pm
Lil miss is 10 mths and still on 10mg per day of Losec. We've managed to cut her dose from 20mg to 10mg but every time we try and cut the last 10mg out she becomes symptomatic again within a couple of days. On Losec you wouldn't even know she has reflux, but as soon as we stop it she starts having smelly burps and farts and gets really grizzly and whingy and spilly.

Are there any other older bubs still on Losec? I'm starting to wonder if she's ever going to get off it!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:30pm
Emma is not on Losec any more but she was up until she turned 1. We had tried a few times to stop using it without success. Eventually what worked for us, was:
1. Reduce her bottles of formula to 150ml only
2. Reduce bottles to 3 a day - she has one when she wakes up, one just before a/noon nap and one before bedtime
3. Increase solids to 5 meals - b'fast, m/tea, lunch, a/tea and dinner
There was a time when I didn't think it would work too but we've been off Losec for a couple of months now
I had spoken to our GP and other things she suggested we try (if the above didn't work) were:
- Reduce formula down to 120ml at a time
- Limit to 2 bottles a day
- Thicken with Infant Goviscon
Good luck

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:12am
Jake was on it til about a year and we were able to wean him off only by completely eliminating dairy from his diet. If he has any dairy/lactose thats it hes a complete refluxing mess! If I hadn't worked out that he was allergic then we'd still be on it Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply