FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwould this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: would this work?
    Posted: 30 June 2009 at 2:06pm
so my beautiful perfect baby has developed reflux and now screams the house down al day. he is on 1.2ml ranitidine and S26 AR formula yet is still screaming the house down and spilling. firstly, how long will this take to do anything and secondly, could i give him gaviscon as well through a syringe before feeds and put brown sugar in his formala to counteract the constipation?

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 5:29pm
Have you asked about a possible dairy allergy? I would be reluctant to give more meds if it's his formula causing the problem.

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 1:23am
How long has he been on the ranitidine? We were told to give it at least 2 weeks before we could expect improvement. Mind you, we did actually see dramatic improvement from C within about a week. The spilling didn't decrease so much as it stopped causing him pain. If your bub has had reflux undiagnosed for a while his oesophagus etc could still be healing, so can take longer to notice improvement.

Good luck
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 11:36am
yip you can give infant gaviscon as well as ranitidine.
My boy Astin had horid reflux from 6 weeks. we also elivated the upper part of his bed so he could sleep properly.

the medicine did take a wee while to start working and we also found out he was/is lactose intolerant and also alergic to other things (i was breastfeeding and formula topups) so that was making his reflux ALOT worse and was put on neocate (and i had to stop breastfeeding him) which made the world of difference!!!.
 Post Reply Post Reply