FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWestie Walkers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westie Walkers?
    Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:00pm
I have seen there are a lot of westie mums keen for a group and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a weekly walking group or get together? I was thinking Wednesday Avos. Can go for a walk and then maybe let older kids have a play on playground.... I haven't got any ideas for locations yet but if anyone is interested let me know ;)
Sponsored Links

charlotteandhuntersmummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 8:40am
i would be keen but can do arvos as my two sleep :( could probably do after 4pm arvos tho. we are in ranui also thought i would mention our son is 6months old born dec 17! and our daughter 3 in september.
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:57pm
Hey that could work ;-) I am in Massey so not far away. Do you know of any good places to go walking in the area?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 9:22pm
i often walk down to this duck pond that is around the summerland school area. or if hunters having a bad day (or im feeling lazy) i drive down to the park and DD walks beside me. we have a pushchair with toddler seat but sometime hunter wont sit in it with the toddler seat on as he cant see and it has to be semi lying down!(wish we knew that when we bought it lol

we are off met calf road.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:29pm
I live on Summerland so I could be in .. but i need a few weeks to recover from my cs
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 8:16pm
yeah not a problem :) im keen :) i love all that hair on your two :) my daughter was bald till around 2 years old lol.....and hunter is very blond so looks bald.

kirstyandjamie@vodafonenet.nz is our email.....
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 10:11am
Awesome - Shall we start Weds next week 4pm meet at the school? I am not even sure where the duck pond or school is but not too far from home and I will find - unless there is a better place to meet?
paulainauckland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulainauckland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:35pm
There is also Te Atatu penisula - turn right at the first roundabout. From the carparking area, if you go to the right (motorway) it is wide and paved and ideal for toddlers on their bikes; to the left it's gravel and great for exploring. My kids love it.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:57pm
Wow that sounds cool! I forgot all about yesterday we have had family friends visiting from overseas and been very busy. Is anyone keen for Wednesday next week at either or?

How long is the walk at Te Atatu?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:01pm
sorry the weather is a downer for me at the mo :( charlotte is having asthma issues again (no doubt will end up on the neb tomorrow again)
if we are over the bugs etc im keen for either next wedns any chance of a morning date tho? 10amish i never know what time my lot will wake in the afternoon and as we have major sleeping issues with hunter i try not to wake his afternoon sleep.

the duck pond is located: if you are at the round about by the school at summerlands you go oppisite it and follow that road it leads you to a park and its there. its not a huge walk but DD loves the park and feeding ducks etc.
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:16pm
I don't live in west auckland anymore, but just popped in to say hi charlotteandhuntersmummy :)

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:38pm
That sounds like fun for the kidlets :) I work in the am's :( Finish at 2 - Gabrielle is only having one sleep a day usually from 12 till 2 when I pick her up, and Tane usually has an avo sleep, which is usually in the pram if we are walking. It's real hard to fit in any sort of baby activities working mornings though cos that is the best time for babes I guess, but we have sorta adapted as we almost always do something on the avos :)
 Post Reply Post Reply