FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat do you feed your baby???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you feed your baby???
    Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:54pm
aged between 6-8months. What things are you feeding your baby for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Also do you give snacks etc.

Another question is, how long until your baby got use to eating food that wasnt pureed. EG: sandwich, biscuits, crackers, toast etc.

TIA Sabrina
Sponsored Links

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:01pm

Joel was having finger foods at 6 months...he prefers to feed himself.

He had/has yogurt, custard, kiwifruit, mandarin, cruskit with marmite, sammies with marmite, gingernuts, roasted vege like pumpkin, potato, kumara, parsnip and carrot. Brocolli and cauliflower, Banana, avacado sammies......ah can't remember what else!

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:05pm
As soon as H & E got their top 2 teeth and bottom 2 teeth coming through we started giving them more finger foods. They were gumming toast and rusks as soon as the bottom 2 teeth broke the gum so around 6 months. Around the same time we stopped pureeing and started mashing and leaving more lumps. We also started frying fresh fish and giving it to them Usually red cod as it's nice and flaky and melts in their mouths. We also started giving them banana and pears in one of those mesh fruit holders. If she doesn't have teeth than anything she can suck and gum like bread and soft fruits and cooked vege like broccoli is pretty easy. Harder things like biscuits and tougher meat require more teeth to chew.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:12pm
We've been giving Callum 3 meals a day for about a month or so but no regular snacks just yet. If I'm eating a piece of fruit or we're eating out in a cafe I'll give him something to munch on though.

C quite likes gumming toast and sandwiches and we get these "baby" rice crackers here which have no flavouring/salt and melt in their mouths. We've been offering these for maybe 6 weeks but it's only in the past couple of weeks that he's really "got it" IYKWIM.

SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:22pm
Henry started pretty much on mash. I was pushing food through a strainer as we didnt have an electric thing to do it so i only did it for two meals lol and gave up (im lazy) and just mashed it.
He started on mashed kumara and loved it.
We also started with one meal a day in the late afternoon. but after a few days he started having two meals one late morning and late afternoon and then onto finger food. We introduced breakfast last. Henry had teeth when he started solids at 5months though so he could chew technically. At 8months he would give anything a go.
AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 7:50pm
Stu feeds himself and has basically what we are having, he eats things like:
Weetbix (I load up his spoon for him and hand it to him to feed himself), toast, muffin splits, apple (steamed), pear, mousetraps, rice crackers, sandwiches, cheese, mince (in form of meatloaf, meatballs or meat patties so he can hold onto it), brocolli, steamed carrots, potato/kumara wedges, roast pumpkin, avocado, kiwifruit, banana.
He has only ever fed himself, he sat at the table with us for a couple of weeks before he showed any interest and he just gets better and better at getting the food into his mouth and actually swallowing it rather than just spitting it back out lol.
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 2:33pm
Sirius gets the normal pureed fruits and veges.
Breakfast usually a fruit puree mixed with museli.
For dinner will either make him a mini casserole or whatever we are having if it is baby friendly and use the whiz stick on it.

I do give him some finger foods like toast fingers with marmite and cheese, aria farm meat sticks etc, but he just sucks it and doesn't eat alot of it.

I give him raw fruit in muslin and he likes that. Also, yoghurt is a fav

He can handle lumps, but hasn't entirely mastered the chewing side of things (has 2 bottom teeth)

The first finger food I gave him was bread baked in the oven for 15mins with marmite and cheese on it. This made it hard so he couldn't tear it apart and had to gum it.

Edited by Kellie

Post Reply Post Reply