FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDonations of MCN or Old Fashioned Flats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amazing_Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing_Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donations of MCN or Old Fashioned Flats
    Posted: 14 August 2009 at 2:32pm
I am writing to ask for your help. I am part of a
group of women who are hoping to provide *new mums in need* in Cromwell and our local area with washable nappies. The local Salvation Army said that they usually provide packs of disposables to mums who can’t afford to feed and clothe their newborns, but my group are interested in helping these women out with washable nappies that
they can use long term. We want to provide one pack a month, with 12 nappies +washable wipes +bibs which we will give out with a nappy bucket and some washing powder.
I am asking for your donation of one nappy in order to help us fill this pledge.
Send to: Back to Basics Group, c/o Anna Grace, 4 Missy Cres, Pisa Moorings, RD3, Cromwell, 9383
This is a real way to help New Zealand women who are facing difficulties. We are most grateful for your help.
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 3:21pm
Hi Anna,

Sounds great. I havent heard of it but would be happy to help out as I have a couple of newborn MCNs that I am not using anymore. Unfortunately I loaned/gave (I think I gave) my prefolds to a friend but I might see if she still needs them.

do you need any help with your group? I am in Cromwell. :)

Nikki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing_Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 3:36pm
Hi Nikki, lovely to hear from you. We would love your donation! Its just a new idea, we are just assembling kits, and at this stage the idea is to probably send them out as loan kits...free, no charge, and we are hoping to organise this through the food bank (that was the Salvation Army's suggestion).   We have a website, and although this is not the focus of most of the group, a couple of us are in the throes of getting it up and running. See us at www.basics.weebly.com. Your offer of help is great, perhaps you might like to consider being a member of the Back to Basics Group? I dont know if you know any of us? (only a couple of photos up on the site so far, its in the infancy stages!)....My contact details are in there somewhere...Anna
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 8:18am
hahaha Anna, yes I know you. I am Tom's mum and I often see you around and at Educare when we are dropping off picking up. Elise is in my coffee group too. Cromwell is so small I would have been suprised if I DIDNT know you. Just crap at remembering names.

I'll chat to you next time I see you :)
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 8:32am
Just wanted to say what an awesome idea!!
Not sure if I have anything that I'm not using at the moment, but I'll figure something out :)
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing_Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 1:10pm
You are all great, many thanks for all your offers of help...:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply