FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight gain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 2:19pm
i was 55kgs when i found out i was pregnant with our first. when i reached 90kgs on the scales i stopped weighing myself. I lost all but 5kgs by about 6 months after she was born. I was lazy too and didnt exercise to lose it. Breastfeeding is awesome at losing the weight after
Sponsored Links

Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 7:52am

wow reading this kinda makes me feel a bit on the lucky side, I'm just over 22 weeks and have put on 4.5kg so far. up untill 3 weeks ago I could still fit most of my pre preg clothes. I eat a fairly healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg, I keep away from processed food and most sugary food with chocolate been the exception (I can't resisit it, lol) the scans say baby is doing well and is actually big for it's dates.

So I'm kinda hoping I will get away with only a 12-15kg weight gain over the pregnancy.

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 9:33am
Zasha, I am the same as you, 22 weeks and only gained about 4kgs. But also, I was a bit on the chubby side before gettting pregnant so I decided that I was not going to gain more than 10kg. Not that I have been super good but have not really had a huge appetite..been a crazy few months with moving and getting married!

Oct 11
FayeG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 9:53am
I was on the small (athletic) side prior to pregnancy, and at 26 weeks have put on 10kg. The weight is in my boobs, tummy, hips, butt and thighs! I saw a couple of preg ladies yesgt and they were all belly! I felt depressed!!!
A question for those of you that have put weight on in the hips, butt and thighs - did you loose this again, some have told me that it is breastfeeding stores! I swear my pre preg pants dont even come up mid thigh now! Hopefully this comes off!!!
naysgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naysgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 10:20am
I'm 22 weeks as well and have put on about 6kgs. I'm not really too bothered about the weight gain, obviously I don't want to get too huge, but everyone is different so some put heaps on and others hardly anything.

Its probably the first time in my life where I'm not so fazed about putting on weight!! Kinda nice for a change.

I'm just trying to eat as healthily as i can, with some exceptions of course (chocolate, yum!) and keep up with walking to and from walk.

Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 3:24pm
Almost 22 weeks and I've put on 6kg as well. I didn't put on any weight until about 17 weeks so the scales scare me now as everytime I get on them it's slightly higher.

Hopefully it doesn't all come crashing on in the next 18 weeks

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 1:51pm
At 24w I had put on 24kg, and when I went into labour at 33w4d, I had put on 34.5kg. Within 7 days of having the girls, I had lost 14kg....that was just over a week ago and I know I've lost more since then. I freaked out a wee bit when they weighed me when I came in - I was 63.5kg when I got pg and when I went into labour I was 98kg. But I fit a lot of my pre-preg clothes still.
amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:52pm
I think everyone is so different - I was 53 kgs when I fell pregnant and was 63kg when Jaxon was born. I just weighed myself yesterday (4 days after birth) and was back down to 57kg so I've been really really lucky.

But, I know a couple of friends have put on around 25-30kgs with their babies - some found it easy to loose and others didn't. So long as you're trying to eat healthy I wouldn't worry too much about it - your body will do what it needs to do and there's not much you can do about it!
Fatima269439 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatima269439 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 6:42pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the tummy you accumulated during pregnancy!

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

[URL=https://yogaweightloss365.com/]This[/URL] yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12