FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*Biting*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Biting*
    Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:46pm
My DD is 13 months old and has started to bite things in frustration.
I've noticed if her walker toy gets stuck on an object, she gets frustrated as can't move it and then bites the handle.
Yesterday she bit the handle on the kitchen drawers because she couldn't open them.

She hasn't bitten myself or DP yet, but don't want this to continue on as we have another baby on the way and it scares me that she might start biting us and then the baby..

Has anyone elses toddlers done this before and if so how did you resolve the problem..?

Thanks in advance..
Sponsored Links

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 7:05pm
Cian's a bit of a biter - me, DH and random items (edge of the table for example). I think he mostly does it when he's hungry or frustrated, but while DH is an advocate of giving him a taste of his own (biting him back!! ) I just put him down on the floor and say "no biting".

neither approach seems to be working...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Post Reply Post Reply