FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo bake slice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No bake slice
    Posted: 17 September 2009 at 10:57am
Does anyone have a recipe for this? One of those chocolate slice thingees, where you melt condensed milk, butter etc and add crushed biscuits and then chuck in the fridge. Have a bad craving and can't find the recipe!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 10:58am
Edmonds do a good packet one LOL

I was lazy a couple of weeks ago...
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 11:34am
In the Edmonds cook book there is a refigerated apricot and lemon slice that has condensed milk and crushed malt biscuits in it if you want me to type it out.

Edited by Red
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 12:26pm
Thanks Red, what page is it on? I've looked through the edmonds but obviously had a boy look...
Jam08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 3:37pm
No doubt this is far to late for the craving you had this morning!

This is my fav recipe at the moment. Very simple to make and very sweet and rich. Just what I like.

Melt a tin of condensed milk, 125g butter and 2 tbsp cocoa. Crush 1 packet malt biscuits and 1 packet of wine biscuits. Add to mixture.

Melt a large block of chocolate with 2 tbsp butter and spread on the biscuit base. My fav flavours are black forest or fruit and nut but others would work also. We often eat this before it is even iced.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 3:51pm
This one doesnt have condensed milk but its really really yummy:

2Tbsp Cocoa
1/4 cup milk
4oz Butter
4oz Sugar
1 cup raisins
8oz Biscuit Crumbs (I used malt bikkies roughly broken up)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence

7" tin lined with Wax paper
Mix cocoa with milk, melt butter, with sugar, add milk mixture and raisins, bring to boil
Pour mixture at once over biscuit crumbs, add vanilla and mix well. Press into lined tin. Put in fridge. When cold, ice with chocolate icing then cut.

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 6:13pm
Thanks girls, I ended up making it up and surprisingly it worked!

1 packet crushed biscuits
2 hollow easter eggs (about 150g) melted with 150g butter, large tablespoon of cocoa powder, and a tin of condensed milk
1 packet walnut pieces

Will try the others soon!

Mucca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 9:21pm
Go to this website www.taste.com.au/recipes/16778/chocolate+biscuit+slice

And you should find the recipe. Ive been wanting to find it for ages too cause my Mum use to make these all the time for me when I was a little girl.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:32pm
These all sound yummy. I'm baking today with the weather being yuck, might try this recipe.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Reply Post Reply