FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Gain during Pregnancy...how much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 12:53pm
Ive got a week to go and with this pregnancy I lost 8kg in the beginning (no reason why no morning sickness or anything, just happened) and today I am 3 kgs heavier than pre preg.

All my pregnancys have been dif though with the most I put on being 32kg , but 25 of that had dropped of within a week ofher being born. (lots and lots of fluid retention he he)
Sponsored Links

FayeG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 1:01pm
update on me! 36 weeks now and 13kg gain. Bump def bigger but my hips/thighs has exploded -
i was quite upset yest and wonder if I'll ever get back to normal - so many people have said I wont and also that my hips/thighs will never decrease in size after birth......is this true???
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 1:27pm
FayeG. No that is not true about hips and thighs. They do get smaller after birth. Whoever said they don't is just mean and nasty. 13kgs weight gain for 36 weeks is great! I'm only 26 wks and I have gained 12kgs already. Definitely in the hips, thighs and butt. I put on 23kgs with my first pregnancy and managed to lose all that.

FayeG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 2:17pm
thanks - I did have a minor freak out!!! Did it take a while to loose?
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 9:08am
I think about 6 months to get back to being a size 8/10. But to be honest I wasn't trying very hard. That was just due to breastfeeding. I didn't do any exercise, lol, naughty me.

Mandy269422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandy269422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 4:13pm
I put on 15kg and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 3kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose weight even during your pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234