FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedself weaning...BF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: self weaning...BF
    Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:10pm
Hi all

DS is 10.5months old and has recently dropped his lunch BF so he is now having morning and a night feed (plus 3 main solid meals and snacks and water throughout the day)

the last couple of nights he has been fussing and tonight completley refused his feed before bed, so I gave him a drink of water and put him down to bed thinking if he doesn't settle I would get him up and offer him his BF again but he went to sleep! so obviously didn't want/need it.

my question is...if he keeps refusing the last feed (I will keep offering it to him) do I just leave it at that or should I offer him a bottle of formula? I was hoping to get him to 1 year then I would of just transitioned onto cows milk but it seems he is wanting to do it eairler.....so I'm just a bit confused about what to give/offer him now??

help please lol

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:52pm
I take it he's sleeping through?

Providing he's getting enough dairy via other souces & he's drinking water I wouldnt' worry about formula. Chances are he won't want that as well.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 11:42am
I would say if he doesn't want a feed then just leave it at that.
By refusing it he is just saying he isn't hungry so no need to try & give him a bottle. Just keep offering the breast & if he doesn't want it then pop him into bed
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:55am
thanks ladies, that is what my gut said to do but I just wanted to make sure he is sleeping throught the night and has refused his last BF the last 2 nights so have just given him a drink of water and put him down and he goes off to sleep like normal. so I guess he is self weaning....my baby is growing up!!! *sob* lol

Post Reply Post Reply