FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSolids while sick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solids while sick
    Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:06pm
Jake has a cold and not surprisingly is not that interested in food, other than booby.

We had just progressed to stage 2 food consistency which he is now point blank refusing so have gone back to stage 1 consistency.

He is only eating fruit, about 1 tablespoon in the morning and one in the afternoon. (down from 3 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon).

I know milk is the most important thing and I am not concerned about him not eating as such, but rather how to handle it.

Do I just keep offering him fruit twice a day until he seems interested again, or offer veg once a day and fruit once a day like before or just not bother until he is well again????

He is over the worst, just very congested at the moment so struggling with eating and breathing through his mouth (i think thats why he is preferring the runnier food).

I dont want my concern over his weight gain to be making my decisions for me iygwim.

Edited by melnel

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:26pm
I would just offer whatever he will eat until he feels better and expect him to have way more milk than normal. Kyle was unwell recently and he stopped having any solids, he even went back to having poos like a newborn, but once he was better he went back to more solids and less boob.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:52pm
Yeah I had forgotten about number 3's LOL. Doesnt help that he tends to get diarrhoea with a cold

Thats what I thought, was just bit worried about pushing food on him when he isnt that interested.

Its silly, but sometimes just need confirmation that what your instincts are telling you are right. I really should trust myself more!

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 12:16pm
I'd just keep offering (vege and fruit, if he won't eat the veges try some fruit) and if he doesn't take it let him have more boob if he wants it. He'll eat again when hes feeling better (probably with a vengence!)
I'm amazed at how much less Jake could survive on (and still sleep all night!) when sick - but he definitely made up for it when he was feeling better!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply