FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp Please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please!
    Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:08pm
Hi ladies, Have just been to the Paediatrician and got prescribed losec for my 7.5 month old darling baby son. He has been on ranitidine but I didn't think this was strong enough as he had been having reflux flare ups at night. Anyway, the Paediatrician said I must go dairy free for 6 weeks as well because my son has eczema so there could be a dairy intolerance there. My big prob is that I have MAJOR ADDICTION to chocolate and I eat it everyday . Seriously everyone who knows me knows I'm just crazy about the stuff. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for non-dairy chocolate flavoured things to tide me through my chocolate drought? Any other suggestions for non-dairy sweet treats would be most appreciated as well as I have a huge sweet tooth in general.
I am just praying losec and /or going dairy free will help. I'm sick of being up and down between 2am -6.30am every night - and when you're the parent of a reflux child you know the reflux crying / behaviour - that unsettledness is not just a bad sleeping pattern he's got into.
And one more thing, how many of you reflux mums don't even bother discussing sleep patterns with parents of non-reflux children? I don't because I feel green with envy when I hear about how their kid sleeps like an angel and also I reckon if you haven't been there with reflux you just will never get it.

- One more thing, I had gone dairy free earlier, for 2 weeks, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Today the Paed told me that that wasn't long enough to test whether going dairy free would help.

Edited by Hope
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 10:09pm
WHITAKERS DARK BLOCK

From a fellow dairy free addict.

Hmmm you saying that you are up & down between those times. I don't get the crying but I get the constant waking. Didn't think it would be reflux but he has to feed Or have his dummy. I have an appt next week so will ask.

Also if you son has reflux avoid potato in food, apparently that can make them spill more.

I have found it does take eczema longer to go away & you have to be very strict on your dairy intake. Read labels & avoid anything for both him & yourself that included milk solids or the like.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 10:23am
Me elbow is broke so this will be short.

Damage can be done from reflux so that when you remove dairy it takes a while to heal before you see difference.

soy so good make choc ice cream, it's not too bad. You can bake with rice milk and signature range make dairy free choc chips so you can bake choc chip muffins, they also do cocoa powder which is dairy free which you can bake with. Also choc flavoured rice milk, not tooooooooooo bad

Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:49pm
Thanks for the suggestions ladies! Off to the supermarket this arvo! On the bright side, this will be good for the post partum diet.
 Post Reply Post Reply