FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedshe will only take one breast!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: she will only take one breast!!!
    Posted: 16 November 2009 at 5:15pm

I have been exclusivly breastfeeding my 4month old since she was born , she will not take a bottle at all as she refuses bottles and dummys (basically everything thats not boob) and lately she has been favouring one breast so much that i actually think one has pretty much completly dried up . i was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the "bad boob" filled up again , i have been attempting to express the bad side when she is taking the good side , i started this today at every feed , so four feeds later and i have managed to express a grand total of 15mills from the bad boob! , i have also tried to get her to feed off the bad side but as there very little milk in it , she just wont take it , im looking very lopsided and i would really like to feed off both breasts again , please help!

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:57pm
Yeah lopsided here as well, there will usually be one good producer & one not so good producer.

If she's not super hungry start her on the bad side. My bad side I can't express bugger all off as well. I tend to think this is more of a mental block as we are already having less faith in that boob.

She won't really want the bad boob as it mean more work initially for her where as the other one is probably milk on tap
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 9:05pm
What Kel said Don't get caught up in the expressing stuff, it's not a good measure of how much the boob produces. You most likely won't be getting a letdown while you're expressing hence the small amount. If she's not ravenous, try to start her off on the less preferred side every time and feed twice as often from it if you can.

If it's to do with the way she's lying she might be ok with it if you cradle hold on the 'good' side and switch her across to football hold on the less preferred side so she's lying the same way iygwim?

As always there's a good page on kellymom about it: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html

Did it start happening all of a sudden? If so, you might want to get her ears checked just in case

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 10:00pm
Also maybe see an osteo or chiro in case her neck is sore and it's uncomfy for her to lie on that side.

Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply