FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLabour... what were your signs??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labour... what were your signs??
    Posted: 21 November 2009 at 12:07pm
Just wondering what everyone's signs were that labour wasn't far off...
Sponsored Links

5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 12:50pm
in the week before i went into labour i had lots of contractions, sets lasting up to an hour or 2

in hindsight on the day i went into labour i had....
- killer back ache, but i get that alot so didn't think anything of it.
-DS1 clung to me all day long refusing to let me put him down or leave room etc - totally out of ordinary for him
-had some ultra big contractions for a few hours when i lay down, but would go away when i got up again

back was so sore decided to have a bath, half hour later got out and full on labour began as the water drained away! upon insistance of DP called midwife after 3-4 massive contractions feeling like a twit, she got there half hour later to my suprise was 7cm, off to hossy. bubs born after total of 4 hours labour.
contractions began at 1 minute long 2 minutes apart.

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 3:33pm
10 days before my waters broke I started loosing my plug and continued to loose it up until my waters broke. I had a bit of mild eriod cramping but no other symptoms, but I was still at work so was probably distracted by that.

Then my hind waters broke and 30/40 minutes later my contractions started. My stage 1 was about 3 hours, stage 2 about 20 minutes and stage 3 about 20 minutes as well.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 5:00pm

Both times it was with my waters breaking, had quite bad BH up till then but I had been having them like that for a couple of months or more.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 5:12pm
Are you trying to tell us something Deb??

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 5:44pm
lol Bex. Stalker. I've been getting quite a few signs that things might not be too far off. So was just wanting to compare to other people. You'll be one of the first to know when things happen.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 5:51pm
Haha of course!! Will be keeping my phone close by Good luck hun!

Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 5:53pm
The day before i was felling REALLY heavy, then I had my show the next morning at 4.30am then my daughter was born 6.12pm the day after that. Good luck hope its not to much longer for you.

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 1:32pm
No lead up signs like the other girls are saying, then woke up in the night and went to the toilet and had the show. Then had a long latent phase with irregular contractions for about 20 hours before the contractions started coming regularly and then i was considered to be in labour. I really can't remember anything else feeling different.

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 1:55pm
with DS1 I was watching afternoon trash telly and busting for the loo, and woosh, my waters broke. Nothing else leading up to that!!

Had midwife check at 5pm and sent home as nothing happening, then got home and had bad contractions, back to the hospital at 8.30 and had him by 11.30 that night! I feel lucky i guess that it wasn't a long labour. Unsure what to expect this time. I guess we'll just wait and see

Janie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 1:10pm
I was 4 days overdue and had a really energetic morning. Cleaned the toilet/bathroom,did the vacumming etc, went out and bought a 1st birthday present. When I got home from the shops I had a bit of a show, so I rushed around packing the last little bits in my hospital bag, and tidying the house LOL. Then I went out to a 1st birthday party, got home and was going to cook dinner but couldn't be bothered so DH did when he got home. First contraction was at 9.30pm, they started at 12 minutes apart. DD was born 1.20pm the next day.

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 6:04pm
on the Sunday morning I lost bits of my plug, but not really enough to know for sure that things were happening. Infact I wasn't entirely sure I was even losing my plug. I had weird pains during the from the afternoon but I still didn't realise it was labour. At about 9 that night they were becoming more frequent and sore, went to hospital at 2am, fully dialated at 5am and he was born at 5.12am. I don't think I believed it was really happening until we were at the hospital and m/w told me I was 2cm.
 Post Reply Post Reply