FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSupportive BF bra, is there such a thing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supportive BF bra, is there such a thing?
    Posted: 26 November 2009 at 10:25am
My boobs are suffering from 6.5mths of breastfeeding and are in desperate need of a lift!

I am currently wearing these ones. If only I looked like the model! and that's another question why do they always use women who have obviously never had a baby to model maternity bras!!?
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 12:02pm
What size are you if you dont' mind us asking.

I find this one supportive Hotmilk Her Desire & I'm a 10F although I think I've shrunk a little bit.

This one here looks like it'd give lift, I'm going to get this one & try it Midnight Mystique
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 12:49pm
I find the Womama bras excellent - am a very full 14E pre-preg, and they recommend using your pre-preg size. They give quite a bit of support and have tried Elle, Triumph and Fayreform and find myself droopy, sore and looking like rubbish as well as having to go to crazy sizes that need special ordering and special price tags - 14GG in Fayreform!! If you go to Belly Beyond's website they often have specials on Womama.
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 10:09pm
I found all the BF bras very bad for support. Funnily enough Womama was one of the worst for me. In the end I converted some of my old sportbras (no underwire) into BF bras. I cut through the straps and attached the clippy things. It's been a life saver. After about 3 months of bought BF bras I was about to hit the wall, I just regret I didn't do it any earlier.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 12:35pm
Update on the Midnight Mystique...Makes my boobs look good under tops
Kel

LaylasMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaylasMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 7:44am
I really find the Hot Milk ones brilliant. You feel slighty sexy - if thats possible! They are expensive, but worth it. Especially if you are feeding longterm as you need support, but also to love and feel good about your assets!! I found an online store called Maternity Direct and they have a sale on quite a few at the moment and so Santa is bringing me bras for Christmas - ya... I got several for $25 each instead of $60 something. oohh.... Midngith Mystique - can't wait for mine to arrive... Also just got a Lovable bra which was $45 and is very supportive and makes them look fab. With the sizing - I agree it is ridiculous. I was apparently a 14-16 on the Hot milk sizing guide and I'm on the last two hooks of my size 12's.... So I thought, hey I'll go to a lingerie shop to get fitted... The lady said I was a 14 DD - I take a 12E or 10 F!!! Fun and games...
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 2:17pm
ooh I love the midnight mystique one!
also "her playfullness" t-shirt bra was great.
I found hot milk in general to be great, expensive but worth it.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 8:45pm
Hehe don't tell DH but I ordered those 2 glad to hear the t-shirt one is great too.
Kel

Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:17pm
I've found the Womama bras fit terribly just trying them on, and seemed very saggy from the get go (and I'm currently about a 16 DD or E). I also found the Bendon ones really uncomfortable because they just didn't give enough support.

My favs are the Hot Milk bras - but I've been getting them from a lingerie store in Dressmart (got 2 for $10 each, and another for $25 - so very reasonable!).

The soft cut ones are okay, but some of the newer ones I've seen have padded cups and I've found these fantastic. Even after much much wear they hold things in place even without an underwire. They do add a little bulk, but with the increase in size anyway I figured what's another cm
The padding gives shape and keeps it. I'm not sure if other brands with padded feeding bras would work the same, but could be worth a look-see.

Post Reply Post Reply