FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFeeding Fuss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeding Fuss
    Posted: 07 December 2009 at 3:47pm

Hi,

DS used to be a fantastic eater, would want to eat anything all of the time, but recently has become really hard work.

Fusses in the highchair, doesn't mind being fed on the run (something he was doing at daycare we've asked them to stop)

Spits food out, so looks interested chews for a bit and then just spits it out on purpose.

Its all sorts of foods, I just don't know the best approach to take with him, whether i sit him down, give him a selection of food and just let him do what he wants?

He seems to want a lot of milk too, he has been unwell lately but is really over that, as soon as he sees a bottle he gets so excited. He will drink out of cups but a bottle is what he really wants, we were down to 2, morning and bedtime, but this has crept up to 3 or even 4.

Its also combined with a change of routine, he's gone from 2 naps to 1.

He will sometimes just let you spoon food in, but I am less and less keen to do this as he gets older.

Just after some feeding tips and at what age you start being a bit firmer with them - ie when they just pick up each bit of food and put it on the floor what do you do?

Also how much is quite a good portion for his age, he used to eat so much that now I think I look for the same amounts, when maybe he just doesn't need it.

][/URL]

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 4:24pm
its just a stage he is going through. I remember my daughter wanting to bf more often all of a sudden too. just keep offering, he will come right again.
and apparently a portion is the same size as the palm of their hand...

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:13pm
I am having the same problem Arianne just wont eat stage 3 foods and fusses in the chair and doesnt really eat food.

She is a great eater at daycare.

Its so fustrating all the food going in the bin.
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 8:47pm
Rhys is the same. Some days he eats well, and others, not so much. We've had a whole week where he wouldn't eat his veges at all, but now he's eating them again. He also eats better at daycare and I believe it's because other children are eating and he's wanting to do the same as them.

I worried for a while to start with, but now I'm thinking as long as I keep on offering a variety of foods, he'll be right. I think the more fuss we make, the bigger deal it will become. They won't let themselves starve (I hope )
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:55am
H does this every now and again, usually coincides with a tooth coming through. He comes right after a few days though.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:05am
Their appetite drops off around that age so you might just be expecting him to eat too much. My 1 year old eats more than my 2.5 year old but I'm expecting it to drop off soon (same as it did with my eldest at around this age). It depends how you feel about things but we give the benefit of the doubt with new foods and with ones we know they like it is eat or go without, and I honestly believe when they don't eat it's cos they are not hungry.

I would stop giving the extra bottles as well personally.

Post Reply Post Reply