FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow soon did your food cravings start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How soon did your food cravings start
    Posted: 11 December 2009 at 7:29pm
How soon do food cravings start? im just interested
Sponsored Links

RicKer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicKer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 7:41pm
Mine still havn't started and ive only got 5 weeks left Ive just had foods i like or dont like but i dont crave them.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 7:48pm
Yeah I havent had cravings either, both times,...although I like ice now which is apparently due to low iron.
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 8:33pm
Boyfriend thought I had cravings in the first 3 months but really it was because the thought of most foods made feel nauseous so I'd fixate on the 1or 2 things that didn't. But been fine and dandy since then.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:02pm
I didn't really get cravings at all with JJ (I was like RicKer and Sasha) but with this pregnancy I've had them since before I knew I was pregnant, so about 4 weeks pg I guess?

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:50pm
I had mad cravings in the early weeks for McDonald's Fries. Couldn't get enough of them! That lasted until about 12wks but had no cravings since then and I have 9wks to go
RubySoho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubySoho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:23pm
No cravings yet but it's very early days

I've been enjoying fruit, I definitely wouldn't say craving but eating alot more than usual.

I was stoked to find out I was pregnant 'cos I figured it'd be a good excuse to get DF to go to the shops at night and get me chocolate but I've had absolutely no desire at all for choc since before i found out. And that is a huge deal for me. I'd happily go through a big block in 2 days sometimes. I've probablt had 4 squares in the past 3 weeks!!!!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:14pm
Mine pretty much started when I found out I was pregnant at about 9 weeks... Not sure if that was my mind going "You're pregnant... Time to start craving!" luckily it was healthy things like fruit, especially lemons... but I manage that one by just having a lemon flavoured lolly instead!
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 9:47am
Ummm rice with swt chili sauce & soy sauce and last time i craved rice but with salt but the first one only last maybe a couple of days to a week and that was early is well.

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 10:09am
With DS I craved orange juice all through my pregnancy, & also cheese. Oh and in the first trimester I craved cheesymite scrolls but in the last trimester I craved Baker's Delight apple walnut scrolls.
This time around my only real craving has been ice-cream & lots of it!

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 1:29pm
Ruby Soho.... now that you mention chocolate, I must say that I have been eating a lot of it over the past month. I normally love chocolate and always get a block when we do the groceries but now I will go to the supermarket just to get chocolate which I wouldn't normally do. The other night I was lying on the couch feeling miserable and sent DP to the petrol station at 11pm to get me a Moro. He came back with 10 choc bars for me cause they were on special! lol Now whenever he goes to the mall or to get petrol, he stocks up on chocolate for me! Macadamia Whittakers is the best!
Glad I'm not having any weird cravings... my aunty told me that when she was preg, all she wanted to eat were those little lucifer fire lighters!! She never actually ate them but she used to dream about them!! lol
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 3:09pm
Chocolate... Yup actually I never really used to like chocolate. I'd eat it but not all the time, have to admit since about 12 weeks I have been craving it A LOT!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 11:27am

My cravings started quite early in the first trimester (around 6-7 weeks), I had to have manderins, mac n cheese, cheese & tomatoes on crackers (I normally hate tomatoes) and sausages.

Then from about 14 weeks or I didn't crave anything.

In the last probably 4 weeks i've started having cravings again, pineapples (I've probably eaten 8 in the last month) - am finishing one off as I type

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:37pm
I wonder if there's anything to the old wives tale about craving sweet things = girl, craving savoury things = boy??? Trying to correlate everybody's cravings to their tickers With JJ I didn't necessarily crave anything specific but I did really go off chocolate esp in early pregnancy (Ruby - maybe yours is a boy then ).

Hope2Be - you might want to go easy on the fresh pineapple http://pregnancyglee.com/?p=26

Originally posted by pregnancyglee.com pregnancyglee.com wrote:

Eating pineapple or drinking pineapple juice is said to be an old wive's tale to bring on labour for woman past their due date. Large amounts of pineapple juice can in fact cause uterine contractions. It's for this reason that in early pregnancy, it's suggested that you don't drink pineapple juice in excess amounts...

Fresh pineapple contains Bromelain which can also soften the cervix but it is said that it takes large quantities to have any effect which can also result in diarrhoea.

(You have to have heaps, like at least one whole pineapple, and it has to be fresh, so tinned stuff is fine. Course you might want to be softening your cervix already anyway )

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:21pm
With Caden I craved savory things, like hot chips, pies, nacho's etc
With Isabella, I wanted lollies, chocolate, chocolate primo!

Cravings started as soon as MS kicked in!

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:44pm
I craved milkshakes and green-tea-frappacinos lol! Seriously had to have one every day!! Think it started around 6months preg when it started getting hotter!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 2:18pm
I never had any my eating habits didn't change at all. i had no weird cravings and certainly never felt the need to eat 24/7 lol. Maybe I'm not normal?

The only difference was I ate smaller portions more often because there was no room to fit normal sized meals! Oh and the first 3 months I didn't really eat at all because I was so sick haha

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 3:03pm
hey,
I'm a bit like ruby, the first trimester I went totally off chocolate, and I'm a self confessed chocaholic!!!
But now 2nd trimester from maybe 20 weeks mmmm chocolate again!!!!
First trimester I was all for salads which I'm not normally that into and mince and cheese pies.. strange combo lol
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:10pm
I used to be a chip girl but since being pregnant I have to admit I have had a real sweet tooth....
Lately been craving cheese and it tastes so good to me. Also apples, which I normally don't love.

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply