FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m going to dig a hole...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m going to dig a hole...
    Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:25pm
...climb in it, and wait for the wind to cover me up again.

I want the world back the way it was a few months ago. Back when my womb was nourishing and not a place where babies slowly gave up living. Back before I held my baby far too young to be earthside in my arms and wondered what on earth I did to deserve this.

I want to be able to watch TV without having to listen to a newborn baby cry as part of an 'educational' campaign that won't work anyway.

I want my body to stop constantly reminding me that it's just given birth. I'm sick of bleeding, of backaches, of sore and heavy boobs full of milk that will never be needed.

I want to go swimming and all the stupid literature says that's not allowed until I stop bleeding. Neither, for that matter, are long hot baths.

I know I'm fat, and that I should probably work on losing weight now that I don't have an excuse not to, but at the same time I really miss enjoying food.

I miss sleep too. My belly is gone, so I can tummy sleep, my 'baby' that's 20 months old is 'mostly' sleeping through now, and I don't need to pee every two damn hours. So of course, now I can't sleep at all.

I hate not being able to show photos of my baby that involve anything more than a hand. She's my baby. She perfect to me even though she'd be hideous to anyone else - or at least anyone who's never had to cradle their 20 week old fetus in their arms and try not to touch the skin directly because it peels off when you do.

I wish I could even look forward to trying to conceive. But I don't - it scares the sh*t out of me. I've always wanted a houseful of little girls, except now my biggest fear is getting a girl because I'm afraid I'll just see Marci in her and not her for herself at all. I'm not sure I could handle being pregnant again anyway. MW says we can try again anytime, that in theory I could even be fertile next week (but also could possibly not for several months) but I'm wishing I hadn't asked her at all.

I want a safe place to be able to run away to and I don't have one. And it sucks.

I want my world back the way it was before I was mother to a dead baby.
Margo
Sponsored Links

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:34pm
sweetie. I hope you get support and encouragement from your family, friends and all the support in here
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:46pm
I can relate to so much of your post. TTC scares the crap out of me, pregnancy scares the crap out of me too.

With the photos we have one up in the living room in a small frame. But we also have another one in our bedroom that less people would "want to" see.

But I will say it does get easier.

lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 7:44pm
I lurked on the april thread and actually think there were a whole bunch of us secretly rooting for your little girl to pull through.

I hope things get better and hope you are getting support.

*cyber hugs*
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 8:56pm
i cant read and run... i also cant tell you i know how you feel and understand it, cause i have no idea. But i do want to send my cyber hugs and say i have been thinking of you and Marci. I hope too that some days you feel better than others. I know it feels so unfair that the rest of the world just carries on and the mundane still needs to be taken care of and everyone just seems oblivious to the fact that something really terrible has happened to you.

mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:09pm
Margo

You have so much of the emotion to go through, the "why's" the anger. It is all so normal.

I have only every shared my pictures of Eva with my mother. Nobody else ... Even after 5 years I cannot bring myself ever to watch her video of the scan, when she was alive. I can look at photos fine, but watching the scan is something I still cannot do.

It does get easier hon, with time but you never really ever get over such an event. It will change you as a person forever .

Edited by mothersinstinct
Karyn

Mum to J (7 years) and I (4)

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:28pm
Margo

I'm so so sorry for Marci's loss and the hell that you're going through.
Mum to two wee boys
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:32pm
Hugs. I have nothing to offer except my thoughts
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:48pm
I can so relate to your post as well, for me it will be 6 years ago next Saturday since we lost our little boy at 22 weeks. Its such a devastating thing to happen, I wish nobody had to go through it ever.
Like has already been said, it does get easier, but never goes away. I know what you mean about being scared to be pregnant again, we weren't going to ever go there again, Lyall was a complete 'surprise'. It was a really scary time being pregnant with him, even with all the scans etc for reassurance, but once he arrived and I saw for myself he was ok it turned out to be the best healer, not that I will ever forget my little angel boy, but I have been allowed to have this new little boy who is all the more special because of everything that happened before him.
I hope you have good support from family and friends, its hard to cope with on your own.
Also, regarding photos, I've never showed mine to anyone, in fear they would be repulsed or something I suppose. As mums we can see past the not so pretty bits and see how much baby looks like other children etc. Even dh never saw the photos, nor the baby for that matter, I had to have the baby alone because we only had dh to look after the older 2 children.
There is a website called thelostones where a lot of people have shared their pictures and stories, I never knew about it until years after we lost our baby but I think it would have helped me not to feel so alone.
Take care of yourself, one day at a time, things will slowly get easier.

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:34pm
No advice hun. Just want to send my love and thoughts
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:55am
I also understand where you are coming from, my little boy was still born at 28weeks. It will be one year in january and was deffinatly the hardest thing I have ever been through.

We have not put any pics up as my dh is not comfortable with it, and I have not shown them to anyone for the same reasons, it would be nice to live in a world where this was not the way.

As for getting preg again I did straight away and just gave birth to my little girl being preg again and giving birth terrified me but for me if i didnt do it again I new i wouldnt do it at all, but it was far from easy.

just take one day at a time and it does get easyer.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 10:56am
Im so sorry for your loss and everything you are going through. When your ready maybe you could post some photos of her and share your wee girl with us. Ive seen two 20 week gestation babies and understand how hard it can be with peoples reactions but those who care can look past that and see what beautiful babies they are.
big hugs.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 1:52pm
KodysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KodysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 3:33pm
Margo,

Sorry to hear about your little Girl Marci.

I understand the pain your going thru. My little boy Kody passed away at 6 days old, about a year and a half ago. At first all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and wished that it was the day before and nothing had happened. Althou its not a good experience, you grow from it and the days do get better, even thou it may not feel like it for a while. Even now I still have my days where I want to go back to before it all happened, however, I look forward to my support group meetings (SANDS).

If you ever need to talk just PM me.

Jo

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 8:34pm
Margo, I am so sorry for your loss. This world can be an incredibly cruel and unfair place sometimes. I'm thinking of you and your beautiful wee girl Marci.

rachndean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachndean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 1:34pm
I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, and have no pearls of wisdom to offer.
But there was no way I was going to read and run

Arohanui
Pook72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pook72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 12:18pm
Words will never be able to touch your heart the way I would like them to. xx
June 99. June 09, Dec 09, Sept 10 March 12
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 11:25am
I'm so sorry. This is the second post of yours I have read and although I replied to the other one, this is the one that made me cry for you.

We've lost two babies and I remember well some of the feelings you described here. I wish I had words to help but to be honest what helps one day just hurts the next and grief is so personal that nobody truly knows how you feel, even those of us who have also lost babies.

Your girl is beautiful. Those people who might think her photo's are not beautiful are people who just don't deserve to look.

When we lost our son, who could have been gone for up to a fortnight before the scan showed he had died without any signs of having slipped away that I could feel, he died somewhere between 18-20 or 20-22 weeks (I disagree with the hospital about my dates) and we were not allowed to see him, they said it would upset us. I know now that they had no right to stop us and I wish we had looked at him just once. To us, he still would have been perfect. And your daughter is beautiful and if you want to show her photo or frame it or keep it safe just for the people who love her then do what feels right.

What happened to you, it's unfair and it's wrong and you did nothing at all to deserve it. Please don't think you are to blame. Every bereaved parent goes through these feelings, did we do something wrong, did we do something we shouldn't have done, did we not do something we should have done, am I being punished? And so much more. But nobody deserves to loose a baby, not you or any of us.

I'm really so, so sorry about your little girl. We lost our two before finally having a healthy boy. Our eldest son died for no reason we will ever know, our daughter was premature following a road accident. But our youngest child, our second son, he's here and he's happy and healthy and we love him for himself. I like to think he has the best of his brother and sister in him but that he's still his own person. He offers us a glimpse of what life might have been like if things had been different but gives us much joy in the way that it is just because he is here. A pregnancy following a loss is terrifying but it can have a happy outcome. I was scared too that I wouldn't love the new baby for himself but he's such a little character that it's impossible not to.

Again, I really am so very sorry for your loss. Things like this just shouldn't happen to anybody.
Ally and Elisabeth, our stars in the sky, and Joseph, our ray of sunshine.
 Post Reply Post Reply