FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPhil and Teds capsule bebe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phil and Teds capsule bebe
    Posted: 13 December 2009 at 8:26pm
i have just got myself a Phil & Teds e3 buggy and thinking of get the bebe capsule as i know it can click into it

my question is can you get a base for the bebe capsule?

Edited by H2289
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 8:40pm
I dont think so,...but I know u can get a kit for like $30 that is basiclaly straps which makes it possible to sit any capsule securly onto e3 buggy.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:31am
If you mean the base you leave in the car and clip the capsule in and out of .. no you cant.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
DeePa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeePa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 11:27am
I rang baby universe about the very same question (because we are looking at buying the sport buggy, and they confirmed that no base is sold with the Bebe or Bebe HS
DeePa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeePa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 11:30am
Does anyone know where I could go to get a bit of information about a base in the car versus strapping the capsule into the car using the seat belt, is any more or less safe?

The lady I spoke to at baby universe said to me that 'most capsules don't have bases' but funny thing is....so far the Bill and Teds is the only capsule I have come across that doesn't do bases...
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 1:24pm
ok next question- does any other capsules fit the buggy?
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 1:41pm
Like I said above- you can purchase straps which make any capsule fit onto the buggy. I like the P&T capsule tho cos it was lighter and narrower than others, and u can lie the buggy into the newborn flat position, and then put the capsule in there from the handle end of buggy, with baby facing you- hope that makes sense!

You could ring plunket for advise on which type of capusle is safest.
DeePa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeePa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 1:39pm
H2289...I read on a website forum (which one I can not remember) that the Evenflo Capsule fits the Bill and Teds buggy. Evenflo also definitely do a base that stays in the car...if you already have the B&T buggy I would go into the baby shops and try the capsules...

I am trying to find if any other capsules (besides Evenflo) can fit the B&T sport stroller...

If you do find a capsule (with compatible base) that fits the B&T stroller...can you let me know? Ta
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:52pm
thanks DeePa!
DeePa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeePa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:47pm
H2289 - Julia from Kiwibaby.co.nz just confirmed that "The only other with a base that fits is the maxi cosi, which Baby City sell"
DeePa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeePa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:28pm
I just found the website that talks about the Evenflo capsule for the Phil and Ted's Sports Buggy:

http://www2.everybody.co.nz/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=858618&page=1

Mrs Greenstone post.

See what you think...
noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 8:18pm
we bought the Graco capsule and base from baby on the move and was told it also fit the sport buggy(which we have). If you can ring on of the franchises and ask them which other ones fit.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 10:05pm
My SIL has that capsule, and it clicks into a base. I did hear today however that P&T's were going under
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 8:35pm
where did you hear that LA?
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:31am
I just tried to search it on net...couldn't find anything.....
but did learn that p&t bought out mountain buggy in march who were in receivership...
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 11:09am
Heard it from my brother and sister inlaw who live in Auckland.

I thought it would mean cheap stuff coming up, but then also thought it would mean if you bought it there wouldn't be any warranty etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply