FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOreo truffles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oreo truffles
    Posted: 22 December 2009 at 10:22pm
Just sent DH to the shops to get ingredients for Oreo Truffles. Am planning on making some tomorrow for last minute gifts (to go with the chocolates).

Here is the recipe:

Oreo Truffles

500g OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (250g) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Directions
1.Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 2.5cm in diameter.
2.Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
3.Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

Yum....

Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 7:47am
I made almost the same thing last week and they are so good! I used regular cream cheese, and after set, I covered half of each ball in melted milk choc buttons, then choc hail!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 8:22am
I was going to make these as well but I couldnt remember the ingredients and didnt get the cream cheese...so I am eating the oreos.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

I was going to make these as well but I couldnt remember the ingredients and didnt get the cream cheese...so I am eating the oreos.

Post Reply Post Reply