FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMint Recipes please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mint Recipes please
    Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:36pm
I have a heap of mint in the garden that happens to be where we are putting a new garage so rather than sending it to the tip im wanting to make Mint Sauce and Mint Jelly so looking for some easy peasy recipes.

My Alison Holst book has a Mint Vinegar recipe and was wondering if this was the same as mint sauce?

If anyone has a Mint Jelly recipe that doesnt involve cheese cloth that would be awesome.

Or just a good recipe for using fresh mint or turning it into some sort of preserve/sauce/frozen product

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:43pm
i'm pretty sure the mint vinegar is mint sauce - my nana used to make it when we had roasts. yummmm!!!!

you can freeze them in ice cubes, or puree them and freeze that.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 3:41pm
I remember reading a great use for mint...cant for the life of me think what it was but I remember thinking....yum!!! I'm guessing it was NZ gardener email. you could ask them a question on their facebook page. They are great at getting back to people and probably have a HEAP of suggestions.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Growing-with-NZ-Gardener/222915956230?ref=nf
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 2:07pm
Mint Jelly - can use a fine mesh sieve instead of cheesecloth...
Mint Pesto
Honey Mojito Mint Glaze
Mango, Lime and Mint Salsa
Mint Sauce

we have wild mint in our backyard aswell lol.

Edited by Kahlia
 Post Reply Post Reply