FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDonor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donor
    Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:35am
Well I am not really sure where to put this, but I figure someone out there may know what I can do.

Husbands sperm = nearly non-existant
My body = fine

To get clinic avalialbe sperm waitlist 18 months
To use our own donor = can start straight away

We wanted it to be anonymus and I don't know how to start looking, it isn't like I can walk up to strangers on the street.. 'well hello strapping young lad.. feel like giving me your sperm??'

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestion/advice
Sponsored Links

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:57am

Hi Suzbub... have you contacted a fertility clinic?  perhaps they can point you in the right direction.  If they don't have a suitable source here, Australia is bound to have one. Maybe do a google for a sperm bank in Australia?  All the best

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:04am

Suzbub... I found this for your to have a look at the process etc..

Sperm Donation

and here is a NZ website you can have a look at for sperm donors ...

NZ Surrogacy

Edited by Shezzey
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:05am
Hi, I assume from your post you are already with a fertility clinic. That seems like a crazily long wait for something that seems so simple! I'm guessing there would be private clinics who offer the service as well at a higher price? Sorry I'm not much help but might pay to ask around on different forums and start googling! Good luck.
Suzbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:09am
Yeah we are enrolled and active in our fert clinic. But it is there wait time that is so long. So we might have to start looking for a private donor, I just don't know how.
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:14am

Suzbub... i have just added a link for you for a NZ Surrogacy website on my previous post.... they may be able to help

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:26am

Could you advertise? I've seen ads for people seeking egg donors in various publications - treasures, next does OB mag have a classified section.

Suzbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:27am
Oh I might try that :)
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:18am

sorry I am of no help but I just wanted to wish you all the best, I hope you can find a donor soon.  Good luck!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 10:51am
Is there anyone in DHs family that you would feel comfortable asking? I know thats not for everyone, but might be an idea.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 11:28am
The only thought I have about choosing your own versus going through the clinic is that I know the clinics screen them well, know their family history etc. Friends of ours used donor sperm and were able to choose a donor that best matched her DH physically etc. Their child really does resemble her DH. They are currently pregnant with their second child from the same donor.

And why cant you go up to a random stranger and say "you look good, how bout it big boy" ...he he he...most men would like that wouldnt they???
Suzbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 12:02pm
hahahaha maybe they would like to hear that.
I understand that if a donor is chosen by us, it still needs to go through the screening process.
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 4:00pm
Are you not able to try with your husband's sperm? My DH's was very low but we were able to do ICIS. The other place I have seen people advertising is in the littlies magazines
Suzbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:43am
We can try with his.. but it isn't looking good, and to be honest we are torn... do we go through the IVF with the potential of it not working and lose one of our public funding options or do we go with a donor. DH wants to start with the donor because he doesn't want to see me go through the pain of IVF and be crushed if it doesn't work.. and I get that. But my thing is, I would at least like to try for a baby that has both our genetics.. not that it 'matters' but you don't know till you try.... oh god. So confused...
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:50am
Suzbub, I reckon give the IVF a go - especially as you have a public funded option! Get some counselling (which should be available through your clinic) to get you prepared for the 'it might not happen' scenario - hey it's a bonus if it works aye! If I was in your shoes, I would give IVF just one try...

One of my BIL's has negligible sperm - just about non-existent. They tried 2 x IUI before going onto IVF. They got pregnant straight away on their first IVF, and now have a healthy baby. It only takes ONE sperm remember...!

Edited by MaebeeBaby
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:49am
I agree with MaebeeBaby. It does only take one. My husbands was so low the first time they couldn't even look at the quality of it. The plus side you (and I was almost the same) is our body is okay and hopefully because of this be able to produce some great quality eggs. And with ICIS they inject the sperm directly into the egg which helps it along even more. And remember your first cycle is not up until all your embryos are used!
charlncassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlncassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:00pm
you can try free sperm donors worldwide, try google for the webstie - there are about 15 nz donors.

The website offers clear contracts to use and also the donors mostly have had the tests done already or will do them if you want.

We found 5 potentials for us and have narrowed it down to 2.

Tried one cycle with one last october but didnt get my bfp.

Trying again this month...not sure which one to use as one can do weekends and the other cant lol.

Arterficial insemination only as my dp would not be happy with me "sleeping" with someone else.

But i cant say that i dont want to jump at every hot guy and say - hey you would make a got donor - wanna help out?

It can be slow as well, as we wanted to try last 2 months but they we unavailable...that can hurt...the waiting...

good luck hun!

Edited by red_dragon
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:21pm
Threadjack... we have missed you RD!!!!!! GL for this cycle!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply