FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDid you feel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you feel
    Posted: 23 January 2010 at 4:48pm
I guess this is only for those who have had there first babies so please excuse me for just a minute if that's not you.
Did you really enjoy being pregnant? I'm looking forward to trying for number two later this year (maybe) but my mind keeps going back to just how awful I felt. I was sick but that not what I mean. I really felt quite grossed out by having this little baby inside me.
If you felt like this how did you get over it for your second because I really want to enjoy my second pregancy.

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 5:03pm
I hated being preggers. The baby part didn't gross me out but I still hated being preggers none the less.. both times. I gain weight as soon as I get a BFP even with throwing up so I feel like a blimp during and after. As well as that I get morning sickness for approx 19-20 weeks. And it really messed with my back which was already dodgy from having massive boobs

I really really wish that I could have a baby and forgo the pregnancy part. Even labour doesn't bother me. Done that twice and that doesn't phase me but the thought of pregnancy... ick!
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 5:34pm
That's a hard situation to be in... even though
there was lots of pregnancy I didn't enjoy (like being sick for the majority of it) but I loved feeling baby inside me so I'm not too helpful. Maybe seeing you've been though, know what to expect and have your wee one, it won't seem so disconcerting?

Edited by freckle
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 8:27pm
Stacey I'm with you on the labour being fine. In fact I actually enjoyed that.
I'm really hoping that having gone through it once that I'll get over the strange feeling of invasion. It is strange because I still felt a real connection with my son while I carried him.
I wish there was a way to explain how it was for me but I guess it doesn't matter cause each time is different right.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 9:00pm
You aren't as focused on the pregnancy second time around, frequently I would even forget I was pregnant. Many times it would get to the afternoon and I would suddenly panic and think have I even felt the baby move today, then of course he would move and panic would be over and I expect he had been moving heaps but I was just to busy with a toddler to even notice.

I also found that even though the pregnancy did drag on it still didn't seem as long as first time, again I think cos there were other things I was thinking about whereas with my first I tended, even when at work, to be totally focused on being pregnant/having a baby and nothing else.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 9:02pm
I am not particularily fond of pregnancy yet somehow I long for it again LOL Crazy hormones!!!!!

I get you on the ick factor! When I first started feeling J move it was like something was flicking my bladder at times and I swear I would dry wretch. The thought of something moving inside me *shudder* but then he got bigger and would do those cool rolls or flip flops and I lurrrvvvee those. Then I started to feel his hiccups and *massive shudder* ick feeling all over again.

But at the end of the day my wee little dude arrived and it was all worth it. I am actually looking forward to being pg again and this time I am going to savour every moment of it as DH wont have anymore so its the last baby for me

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:46am
first - you're so right each time is different and I think seeing you've been through it before it won't seem so invasive this time... it's awesome that despite your feelings you still felt a strong connection with your son! and enjoying labour.... you lucky thing LOL
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:56am
I loved being pg, even tho all my pregnancy's were difficult & complicated & I would love to do it again. As for the birth I did not worry about that till the time & they were all different from what I had planned, but too late to worry about it then.

And the best part of all the pain & suffering for the past 40 odd weeks....a perfect baby well worth it ...for me
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:25am
I hated pregnancy. I hated having no control over my body, and all these things happening/changing. I wasn't ever sick - nauseous, yes, sick, not once - but I swelled up like a balloon, had no ankles or calf muscles...my legs were the same size pretty much from my thighs down, I had GD and had to inject myself with insulin 3 times a day, my reflux was pretty horrific and even medication didn't help so pretty much anything I ate resulted in shocking reflux which also meant sleep was pretty non-existent (combined with the fact I couldn't move by myself anyway)....but hopefully, next time, I will a) be too busy to notice much provided I don't get immobile as early as I did last time and b) remembering that what I got out of it was worth it.

Wishful thinking maybe?? Dunno, I will have to wait and see...
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:16am
I LOVED being pregnant! even though I was sick and had a pulled tendon in my back and had to waddle till work until I was 35 weeks AND gained a cr*p load of weight I LOVED every second.... so gutted that it's taking 2 years to get another go at it

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 11:58am
I loved being pregnant. Absolutely loved it. Even if I felt sick, I didn't care, cos knowing I had a baby inside me made it fantastic.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

I am not particularily fond of pregnancy yet somehow I long for it again LOL Crazy hormones!!!!!

I get you on the ick factor! When I first started feeling J move it was like something was flicking my bladder at times and I swear I would dry wretch. The thought of something moving inside me *shudder* but then he got bigger and would do those cool rolls or flip flops and I lurrrvvvee those. Then I started to feel his hiccups and *massive shudder* ick feeling all over again.

But at the end of the day my wee little dude arrived and it was all worth it. I am actually looking forward to being pg again and this time I am going to savour every moment of it as DH wont have anymore so its the last baby for me

I was like this the first time...then once Leah was born I missed it (i'm strange I know!!lol) but with Joel it was different and I enjoyed it. I still miss it and we are now thinking about no3! Yikes lol!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 3:24pm
Gosh, glad I am not the only weirdo LOL

DH just cant understand how I can hate something so much yet long to have it again...

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 3:57pm
Thanks for all your replies, I feel really encouraged.
I am looking forward to being pregnant again, I just so badly want to enjoy it this time though as I sort of feel like I missed out because I couldn't get passed my own mind block. LOL I am a strange one.

Melnel I see you are hoping for twins. THat's awesome. Are you doing anything to encourage twins? Is there anything you can do to encourage twins? I would love to have them also because there are just so many twins in my family and I want three kids where as DH only wants to have two unless one was a twin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 5:14pm
LOL I also have a mean DH who only wants 2

Not trying anything special.. not slipping any clomid into my morning coffee.

That said statistically speaking my odds have increased now I am in my 30's and overweight. (huh, just read that if you have a bmi over 30 you have a higher rate for twins)... at this point in time I am just trying to get one egg out

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:45pm

I didn't like being pregnant either...altho I did love the idea of growing a wee baby

I spewed up to 3 times daily for the first 19/20 weeks and felt like doing so for the rest of my pregnancy so it was very unpeasant.   I suspect that'll happen again as it's happened every pg I've had- including the ones that miscarried. Bugger. The end bit wasn't so flash either lol

But time does heal memories and now  I'm also seriously considering TTC #2, just want to sort out some problems at home first....and Clodagh is a bit of a trick so I'm more concerned about coping with her AND a newborn TBH!

Edited by Emmecat

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:47pm
Oh and I have the opposite problem with DF....he would have a rugby team of kids if it was up to him...which is all well and good but it's me that has to carry them, push them out my woohoo and then do most of the parenting!  HIs part in it all is relatively short (but not too short haha)  Men hey!

Post Reply Post Reply