FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCleaning the shower, what to use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Richie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 5:11pm
I work in a bathroom store and can I please say DON'T USE JIF!! It's WAY too abraisive and can scratch acrylic bathroom surfaces like baths and shower walls etc. You are better off to use a cream type liquid. I personally stay away from any supermarket cleaners (especially Easy off Bam! Have heard horror stories about that stuff!!!) . But there are one or two that supermarkets sell that will have written on the back 'recommended by Englefield' or similar (englefield being a brand who make showers etc) so they are OK. I'd recommend that you get some specific bathroom cleaner from a Bathroom/Plumbing Merchant. There are some really good ones out there. I use Athena Bathroom cleaner which is AWESOME on all bathroom surfaces including mirrors, shower glass, taps etc. They have taken it off the market now cause they have a new product out but some stores might still have some in stock.
If you are having issues getting water marks off the glass, there is a product called C-Thru Waterspot remover, you can get it at bathroom or hard ware stores. There is not much else that can get watermarks out once they are etched into the glass.
Oops ......... starting to ramble a bit now! lol
Hope that helps!
Sponsored Links

pikelets View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 5:37pm
ECO Cream Cleanser! (can get at the supermarket)

No (or low?) chemicals, smells nice and the best thing I have used in the shower. Wouldn't use anything else now

Edited by Star

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
meggls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 3:27pm
a friend recommended using diluted car wash! works well, and keeps the glass clean for ages as the water 'beads' off due to the wax/polish in it.
amykt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 3:45pm
ahhh great idea meggls! i must try that! i have still yet to find a good cleaner for the glass...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12