FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone else still night feeding 9mo+?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else still night feeding 9mo+?
    Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:50pm

Just curious and I'm not stressing about Clodagh 'still' BF twice a night at 9 months old, cos it just is what it is lol

But curious how many other Mama's are still doing it too? (I know at least one is lol you know who you are )

When I say 'night', I mean from whenever we can convince Clodagh it's time to go to bed after her 'last' BF of the day (that can be from 7pm- 9.30pm ) through to the morning. Generally it's midnight-ish and 4-ish. the midnight/1/2am feed, she's hungry. The 4am one I'm pretty sure is a combo of cold/habit (that's another story...she REFUSES to have any kind of covers on her. sigh )

Ooohhh she's a wee trick......  

Sponsored Links

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:59pm
me!! Alex is 18 months and is still waking most nights and having a feed. Once if not twice
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:04pm
*raises hand*

I'm still feeding my 19 month old at night.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:07pm
Jack was about 8mths when I stopped feeding him to sleep during the day, if was some time after that I stopped feeding at night but can't remember when.

Ben still feeds at night and he is nearly 8mths. For me it is easier, quicker and quieter! Plus with all the hot weather at the moment I get thirsty at night so undestandable that he does too
Lindsey

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:20pm
This Mamma is Atleast once if not 3-4 times. Occasionally (very ) so sleeps right through. She never wakes at a specific time, I think it's more that she wakes frightened as she cries out in her sleep then needs a little comfort.

It's all good though, just means some nights I have to go to bed earlier than usual (which I should be doing tonight!)
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:43pm
We do as well, it now seems to have settled down to a real dream feed & then another one about 6am. If I don't dream feed he'll wake around 2ish. He's been sick the last few days and has been permanently latched on/
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:52pm
Here too! I'd love to not be but he just isnt playing ball. Honestly when it comes to dropping feeds on the way to weaning I'd be choosing the night ones but James has other ideas

Its becoming a problem for me...I need to think about doing something....dunno what though...pray for him to sleep all night every night????
DaisyAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 11:10pm

*raises hand too*

Roman is a week shy of 1 year and he is still waking up 2-3 times a night for a feed, I just figure if he is hungry/thirsty he needs it......

[/URL]
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 7:53am

lol I didn't think I was the only one!  Just I've had a few well meaning ppl tell me Clodagh 'should' be sleeping through by now!  I feel like saying Wel yes that would be lovely but maybe you need to chat to HER about that!

It's not so bad if you can feed them adn they go straight back to sleep...what I sometimes struggle with is fdeeding then her refusal to go back to her cot. It's really hit and miss no matter how hard we try and leave her etc. Sigh.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:09am
We had HUGE problems with James when he was 9 months but by 10 months it was heaps better. Now he mostly feeds and then goes back to sleep. I am sure he is not hungry! He may be thirsty but I think he likes the comfort that comes with a mummy drink.

I figure with all the hot weather they are waking up uncomfortable, thirsty etc.

To put it in perspective Tom at 2.5 still wakes occasionally and he has not been fed at night since he was 5 months old...but he often wants some water or a cuddle.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 9:26am
Neither of mine have fed in the night that long. Jake was a great sleeper by 3 months (when he recovered from heart surgery) and only had a small patch of waking at about 5.5/6 months, then another around 14/15 months (not fed then though) and Morgan slept thru consistently by 5 weeks but wakes every now and then (and often between 5-6am), but will settle with the dummy which I'm trying to get rid of (hasn't been fed in the night for a while).
You could try a sleeping bag if shes getting cold? Or water if its thurst? (she may stop waking after a few nights if only water is on offer!)

Hugs to you all - broken sleep is torture!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Cassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 10:07am
Yeah I'm still feeding Lauren in the night too! lol I think I still will be by the time the new baby comes which will make life interesting thats for sure
~Cassie~
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 11:36am
My DD is only 2 months old, so I've no expectation of her to be sleeping through yet, but I was starting to struggle with her waking every couple of hours over night, especially when about half of the wakings seemed to be for comfort rather than because she was hungry. I've no problem getting up to feed my hungry darling, but sometimes I'd rather sleep than have to give her a cuddle every hour or so!
One night last week I turned the low-light lamp on in her room, and sat on the spare bed in there for a minute cos I was so tired, and she'd stopped grizzling and was cooing to herself. I woke up FIVE hours later

Turns out my little darling is scared of the dark! Since then she's had a night light, and for the most part, she only cries out for me if she's hungry. Which is still every 4 hours or so, but a huge improvement on 1-2 hourly!

Might be worth a try for those of you whose bubs need cuddles when they wake up. Now I still hear her wake, but she often has a wee coo and a happy chat to herself and then drifts back to sleep.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 7:57am
Ooh glad I'm not the only one with a 1yr old who still wakes in the night for a feed!! Karen I also get told Chelsea should be sleeping thru by now... Think I'll use your suggestion next time someone says it and say "Tell HER that!!" lol
Occasionally she'll sleep thru (as in not wake after I've gone to bed), sometimes wake once but mostly it's twice around midnight and 4am. At least she does go back to sleep quickly though (well, except for at 6am this morning *yawn* and she didn't even settle to sleep till 9:30pm last night (and had feeds at midnight and 4:30am!) *sigh* this child doesn't seem to need as much sleep as I do!!!) she's happily playing with some blocks at the moment
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 7:42pm

Michaela was 10mo when I stopped offering her night feeds.  I'd give her cuddles instead and after 3 days she decided it wasn't worth waking up for it anymore and slept through 7pm - 7am. 

Andrew is 8mo today and last week I decided to see if he could drop his 3am feed.  First by only feeding him for a couple of minutes before putting him to bed (did this for 3 nights) then by cuddling him instead of feeding.  Again after a few nights of cuddles he stopped waking for his 3am feed.  He still feeds at 10pm but I'm not ready to drop that one yet, it's my only quiet feed now.

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 8:34pm

Rachel- I hope you're not still BF.... that's disgusting  

Hmmmm Clodagh's just taken TWO HOURS to go down again  Man it is just getting a bit stressful here at nights now. Sigh.

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 9:15pm

Emmecat do you have a bedtime routine? Something that clearly tells Clodagh it's time to start winding down because she's going to bed shortly. 

We use ours for day and night sleeps.  Michaela was a nightmare to settle until we started employing it, Andrew didn't have a chance to try anything else because I stuck him in the routine as soon as he grew out of the constantly milk drunk new baby phase.

Post Reply Post Reply