FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConstipation/Diarrhoea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constipation/Diarrhoea?
    Posted: 08 March 2010 at 7:15pm
Sorry for those if this is TMI

Just wondering if any of you have constipation combined with diarrhoea? I'm either not able to go at all or spending hours on the toilet, I can't take any fibre or laxatives as they're too potent on me.

It's like a can't win!?

May 2012
Sponsored Links

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 8:42pm
Welcome to my world, Loose bowels combined with not being able to go every couple of days, soooo uncomfy. My midwife suggested blackstrap molasses, which you can find next to the golden syrup. also kiwi crush (freezer) or a kiwifruit tablet called Phloe, which is next to all the tabletsin the supermarket. Its suppose to have a mild laxative effect. Other than that heaps of water and lots of fruit seem to help. Good luck
hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:45pm
Hi, what about some dried fruit - prunes or apricots? You can also get a laxative - I find it quite mild its called Grancol (it is pawpaw seeds) and you take a teaspoon with water - its not harsh (doesn't have you running to the toilet quickly). Its available at the chemist. The kiwi crush is quite good too remember using after bubs. Water too! Goodluck.
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:48pm
I've already got psyllium husk which you add to food, which has a mild laxative effect, so I can use that when I need to... the only thing is that it's started to cause diarrhoea
So it's either one or the other!

May 2012
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 12:46pm
coloxyl and senna tablets are what i have to take. i get the same thing due to dairy allergies.
if i have dairy i can go fine, well up to 8x a day.
if i dont have dairy im lucky to go once a week and OMG sh*tting a brick is an understatement.

the coloxyl and senna work well for me. they soften and have a mild laxative effect, but dont have me running to the toilet within 5min
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:24pm
Im the same as mucky_one with dairy and get constipation if i eat gluten...can't win

But Phloe is great, kind of makes everything 'normal'. However I find that it only works if I take it just before dinner, its a complete waste of time if I take it any other time.

Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 6:06pm
squoggs - i have been gluten free since december apart from 2 weeks in Jan. and man i know if i eat gluten. i bloat and get major wind but do you think i can poop? nope
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:31pm
hehe you would think if we had a little of both food types, it would kind of work out in the middle! But I have found Phloe great - plus I pretty much avoid gluten & dairy and have done for nearly 10 years now

SophiasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophiasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 2:20pm
Yeah I recommend Phloe as well, it has been keeping me pretty normal even when my diet has gotten a bit rubbish (i.e to much processed foods). I had lots more trouble in my last pregancy so thinking that the difference this time round is taking Phloe.

0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 9:35pm
Is Phloe a supplement? A liquid? A tablet?

Thanks for your advice

May 2012
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 10:26am
its a capsule, pretty sure its a concentrated kiwi fruit extract. You can get it from pharmacies http://www.phloe.co.nz/

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 2:29pm
I'm pretty sure I saw it at countdown recently too. Haven't tried it myself - I'm like you squoggs with dairy/gluten. Can't go near gluten cuz I end up in agony, and it's not really worth having dairy either although the side effects aren't quite as dramatic :P Funnily enough being pg seems to help normalise my bowels somewhat lol. But I do find that if I get clogged then a couple of kiwifruit and and orange (or something citrus anyway) seems to do the trick - not sure what it is about the combination but it works!!

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
SophiasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophiasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 2:24pm
I just bought it from new world.

Found there website, www.phloe.co.nz

Edited by SophiasMummy

Loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 6:08pm
Hi there,
I struggled with constipation for 4 months and then found prune juice. Works wonders. 1 glass a day works a treat. I'd tried all kinds of things including Phloe and nothing else worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply