FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked3 yr old boy asks how girls go toilet??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellverona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellverona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 yr old boy asks how girls go toilet??
    Posted: 17 March 2010 at 4:21pm

My 3 1/2 yr asked us yesterday why girls dont have a Willy and how do girls go to the toilet. DH and I looked at each other and didnt know what to say. Didnt expect this at his age. I personally think its too young to explain about Vaginas etc. DH just said girls sit down to go toilet. Not sure what to say. Any ideas please???

Jaxon stands up to do wees so he would be able to understand that girls sit down.

Ideas would be greatful.

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 5:01pm
If he was happy with that explanation, just leave it at that. Adults tend to over think things. Remember the ad with the guy in the car & the kid asking him where he came from.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 8:20pm
i get asked that on a regular basis. so clearly my explanation is not detailed enough for DS1!!

i just say that girls have 2 holes, one that poo comes out of, and one that wee comes out of.
boys have diddles, and girls don't.

i also am not naming girl parts - especially seeing as though DS1 takes great joy in running around yelling 'diiiiidddddddlllleeeee' at the top of his voice.

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 9:23pm

I actually disagree - I think its important for boys to know the "correct" name for girls parts. I would much rather my son yell "VAGINA" at the top of his voice than something else. Oli pretty much understands that boys have willies / a penis and girls (like Mummy) have a vagina. I dont think its necessary for him to understand the 2 holes thing at this age....Oli knows that poos come out of his bottom!

I think the explanation that girls (like Mummy) sit down to wee, is fine...we have only taught Oli "vagina" as he often showers with me and was looking for my "willy"!

(and for a giggle - Oli mainly calls it a "fun-gina"!!)

Edited by SimSam
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 8:46am
in my house we call it a vagina and the boys know that girls sit down to pee. I am going to have the opposite problem i fear cause eden quite often tries to stand up and pee at the toilet...

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 3:39pm
lol Biz. We have always right from when he was old enough to notice a difference (they bath together) tlaked about vagina's and penises - although they both call then 'gina's and diddles. Thye don't know/haven't asked about the ins and outs of the differences of their anatomy but Jake thinks Charlottes wees come from her 'gina thats why she sits down and he knows where his comes from. Thats fine at this stage.
I dont' agree with silly names - athough I don't think diddle is a silly name, others might - I mean things like fou fou, winkie etc.
I also sit firmly in the camp of be honest without over explaining things. If they want to know more they will ask. I think girls sit down because they don't have a diddle/penis etc is fine, if he wants to know more, he will ask. Harder if there is only one of them, so no comparing with sister!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Kimnthekids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimnthekids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:53pm
my boy will be 3 in June - and always very curious about anyone who goes to the toilet. He's never asked about that exactly, but over the last 2 months has come to the conclusion about what is a girl and what is a boy.

boys have a penis...

and girls have a line...

precious!

We also are all for using correct names - but that was his decision on the subject heh
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 9:46am
we were driving home from kindy the other day and Amy asked me how mermaids go to the toilet .

I said that I wasn't sure because I had never met a mermaid. I asked her how she thought they did and she said "they must take off their tails and put their bottoms on"

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:01am
lol about the mermaid! I use to have tropical fish and often poop would trail around the tank after them. haha that might have answered a few mermaid questions.

I haven't really named it 'vagina' my girls are so little I just say 'girl parts' When Ethan asked me about how girls go to the toilet with out a 'dinkle' (the gypsy name for a little boy's penis) I say that girls have a 'wee wee hole' He is happy with that, he also knows both girls an boys have a bottom of pooping lol.

I don't really want to start naming proper names unless he asks for them. As I have visions of Kindergarten cop and that kid that stated 'Boy's have a penis and girls have a vagina'
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:09am
We've always subscribed to honesty without too much information too.
When Ella asked she was about 2.5 (when her brother was born) and we just explained that boys have a doodle and girls have a giney, and that girls have to sit down to do wees while boys can stand.
As she got older we taught her the proper names and she was kind enough to teach Benjy for us
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Reply Post Reply