FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDay naps 14/15month olds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Day naps 14/15month olds
    Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:28pm
DD is nearly 15 months old. She was having a nap at 9/930am & 1/130pm each for 1-1 1/2 hours.

The last 5 days now there have been NO naps.

Did your baby go through a stage of this?? She is teething so it could be related.

Sponsored Links

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:46pm
Maybe she is ready to drop to one nap- I think nap refusal is related to suddenly needing more awake time
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 4:31pm
I agree, maybe she is ready to drop a nap. Chelsea did the same thing (at 10months ) and if I tried putting her down in the morning that would ruin it for the whole day. So I started keeping her up longer and it worked really well. Now she has just one nap a day - she goes down anywhere from 10am to 1pm (when she gets tired, and depending on what time she gets up in the morning) and sleeps for 2-3hrs.
Just takes some (ok, a lot) of trial and error! Lol, good luck
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 5:53pm
Yep I'd agree on the dropping the nap thing!

my 14 month old is still doing the 2 naps, but the other 14 month old I look at was refusing a arvo nap so I put her down later today & she slept 2 1/2 hours.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 7:53pm
ok i thought that too, but she is always rubbing her eyes and yawning at 9ish.

So should i still try drop the nap??? I tried doing that when she was 12 months but it didnt work.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:53pm
Hmm, you could try putting it back say half an hour or so and see how that goes? Not sure if that would help or not, but maybe if you gradually put it back bit by bit she'll start doing one longer sleep instead of two smaller ones?
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:55pm
We are still doing two, although the afternoon one sometimes is quite late, we are all over the show really! I tried keeping him up till later in the morning but get tired eyes and he will fall asleep if hes in the pram or sling. so not much help sorry, im just sticking with 2 naps till he can last longer in the AM. Its probably because hes waking up so blimmin early! argh but thats a whole other story :P
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:10pm
Taylah is normally up by 630am so by 930 am she is shattered.

Ill see how we get on tomorrow, ill try keep her up a bit later.
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 10:14pm
Yup same here! hard aye!
SophiasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophiasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 10:30pm
Sophia dropped to one sleep at about 10months ... no so much of a day sleeper here!! But she was sleeping from 10 till about 12.30 but would not have an afternoon sleep and be so over tired by bedtime. So I started walking at about 9 and she would have a wee nap, I would wake her up after 20min or so then she would last till about 11.30 when she would have her big sleep. It worked quite well really and eventually she just stopped falling asleep in pushchair cos she was not tired and would stay up till 11.30/12. It was good for me too cos it made me go for a walk!! If I was going out I would just leave about that time and she would have a nap in the car. Otherwise as someone else suggested just try moving it out 30minutes a week ir something. You may find that if she goes to one sleep she may sleep longer in the morning and then can stay up longer.....

Good luck, you will find something that works, and it will just be a phase!

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 12:56pm
well today we have gone back to two sleeps. She has just gone down now & its silents so heres hoping
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 2:48pm
You may fine she has two some days and one some days til she settles into one. At that age Jake had one long nap at about 11am. He started dropping to one between 11-14months and was only having one every day by 14months.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 8:58pm
Just wanted to add we are still on 2 naps here - DD is 13 months and we are doing a short am nap (30mins) and a longer pm nap when we are at home. I have tried pushing out the morning nap but she gets too tired. I think alternating between 1 and 2 naps is probably best so they don't get over tired
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 9:27pm
We have a similar issue although it sounds like you are sorted now sabrina0007. Gabrielle wakes between 5am and 6am and won't go down/fall asleep much before 11am. She's only sleeping 10 - 40 minutes and then that's it for the rest of the day. She's very overtired but I can't get her to go to sleep no matter what time I start trying or how many quiet activities we do. I tried tiring her out at the park the other day and managed to get 45 minutes out of her but that's it. I so hope its a stage and my good sleeper comes back. She hasn't slept properly during the day for nearly a month now and its doing my head in!
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2010 at 10:16am

Brooke became interested in dropping a nap at 12 mths.  She is now 14 mths and is still deciding whether she wants one or two naps.  It all depends on what time she wakes up in the morning, and on whether she's grumpy or not.  On a grumpy day she will have two naps, on a good day she will have one big nap starting about midday.

I've noticed at this age Brooke is also more alert.  She wants to stay up and play and be aware of everything that is going on around her, rather than sleep!

jswan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jswan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2010 at 7:01am
We are right here with ya...so nice to know others are going through it! :) Wyatt hasn't been consistent with two naps for about a month now (currently 14.3 months) and lo and behold I think I finally see 3 molars coming out and another front tooth. I had thought we were dropping a nap too, however, some days he still wants his regular two naps of 1-1.5 hours each and then others he only takes the morning sleep. Makes it hard to decide when to keep him up to have a mid day nap! I've gotten it wrong many days but oh well, its all trial and error. I still haven't worked out if its teeth or dropping a nap but have decided to just go with it and sometimes I put him down for 2 naps and sometimes we just get on with only having had 1.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2010 at 5:25pm
We started dropping from 2 to 1 naps on C's first birthday (in Dec) and we are STILL doing 1 nap some days and two on others! We have yet to have a NO sleep day but there have been days when he thinks 30 mins at 11am is enough sleep

I started pushing out C's awake time by about 20-30 mins each day. We went out and did something fun in the morning so that it would keep him up that little bit longer and that helped to have one longer nap a bit later as well IYGWIM.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2010 at 5:30pm
Cuinn dropped his 2nd sleep all of a sudden - he wakes around 7ish (at the moment - I don't let him sleep later than 7 or the whole day goes to hell. For some reason if he sleeps in, he's a monster!), is up for around 2 hours and back down again for around 2 hours, and then that's that for the day. Some days he has a longer sleep (today it was about 3 hours) but he absolutely won't go down for another sleep. We take him for a walk around 3.30pm just to get some quiet time into him, and he's in bed for night by 7pm.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
 Post Reply Post Reply