FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLost my supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost my supply
    Posted: 31 March 2010 at 8:55pm

Freezer supply that is.

I had about 3months worth of milk frozen in icecubes in the spare freezer in our garage. DP went out there last night and didn't close the door properly and we have lost all of it pretty much. SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO unbelievably pissed off! Beyond pissed off! Just when I had started applying for jobs again. How am I meant to go back to work if I can't express anything which now that DD doesn't feed as frequently I can't really! I can try, but living at home with my parents with DD in our room means that I don't have the privacy to pump so I can't really pump after I feed her either unless I wait for her to go to sleep and then go into our room and express.

The other annoying thing is that I leave a bottle with her babysitter on Thurs when I go out.

Any ideas how to get supply back up? Thought I should mention I'm also really impatient 5mins pumping feels like half an hour to me.

Sponsored Links

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 10:58pm
Can you try pumping on 1 side, while feeding on the other?
I've always had a good supply, but I found pumping a nightmere. It took me forever and I hardly got anything. The only exception being when I pumped while feeding. I got heaps more and much quicker.

Good luck. How terribly frustrated you must be!
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:15am
Almonds have always worked a treat for me, but making sure your diet is rich in yeast and protein is a start. Foods like oats (porridge) and bananas are good, drinking HEAPS of fluids, and putting brewers yeast into other foods if you can.

You can also apparently take a supplement called Blessed Thistle, though I haven't tried this, and perhaps as a last resort you could get a prescription for Domperidone from your GP.

Good luck!
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:31am
Everything hippymama said, and also I use to use these little pills called "Milk Flow" they are from the health shop and they were fantastic for boosting my supply :)

Post Reply Post Reply