FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappy fabric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy fabric
    Posted: 20 April 2010 at 3:03pm
Hi i am just wondering where you buy the nappy fabric from, i already know about greenbeans i was just wondering if you can get it anywhere in actual retail shops like spotlight. I know spotlight in manukau don't sell the PUL but do they sell anything else, the microfleece, microfibre, hemp, bamboo etc or the FOE, what about minky?

Sponsored Links

NewPhoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 3:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 3:38pm
thats ok that is something i want to know as well
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 3:40pm
are you wanting to buy from NZ or Aussie? There are only 1 or 2 reputable NZ online stores that sell fabric (or that I would recommend) but do check out nappiescovered.com.au for all your nappy making needs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 3:58pm
i know of a few online stores, i was wondering about actual retail stores.

ETA: what online stores sell the PUL minky

Edited by BriAndOlisMum
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 6:55pm
Apart from Greenbeans, you can also get some fabric and FOE etc from Bumbles (no minky though), Little Buttons (including minky PUL, although nothing listed at the mo), EcoMoon and Tweedle.

Some - but not all - Spotlight stores have some microfleece and/or microfibre but reputedly the microfibre is not as good (in terms of wear or absorbency) as the GB stuff.

I've sewn with both PUL backed minky and using a hidden layer of PUL with a separate minky layer and TBH I much prefer using separate layers - the minky PUL is a nightmare to sew with because it's so slippery and has no stretch so very unforgiving.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 8:19pm
Bebops sell minky fabric now too, she has some gorgeous ones and she is great to deal with too. Her nappies are awesome too btw, they're the favourites in my stash by far :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:33pm

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 12:32am
Awesome Anthea - she does have some yummy prints.. you'll have to post photos of your creations once you're done
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 7:06am
Yeah I forgot about Bebops! Anthea - the minky is better than cotton from a practical perspective because it doesn't wick whereas if even a slight edge of the cotton got wet it would spread across the nappy (that's why cotton PUL isn't as good as poly PUL). So think, you're just preventing leaks by getting minky

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 7:36pm

Post Reply Post Reply