FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot drinking enough?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anonymous55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not drinking enough?
    Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:41am
My baby has been fully FF since last week and I never paid much attention to her volume intake because she seems happy and reasonably settled but I looked at the tin a few days ago and it says she needs about 150ml 5-6x a day for a 1-2 month old baby (she's 8 weeks today). Now she only drinks very small amounts about 7 times a day, most of them under 100ml.
I added up all her feeds yesterday and she drank only 650ml in 24 hrs and some of that I literally forced down.

Is that enough?? Especially considering she's 2 months and should now take 200ml in a feed, well, according to the silly formula tin.

I am really not worried about how many times she feeds a day but I'm just wondering if her overall intake is ok?

She's got wet nappies and had been putting weight on fine while BF + formula topups. She's 5.9kgs.

Julia
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:13pm
as long as she has wet nappies and is gaining weight then she is drinking enough.

Cory has never drunk that much and at 11mths is only just drinking 500mls.

I have found that Cory has never followed the recommended amounts on the formula tin so i just gave him what he wanted when he wanted it

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:09pm
The amounts on the tins are only a guideline. DD has never had the amount they recommend. As said above as long as they are putting on weight I wouldn't worry!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:58pm
I used to stress about my DD when I switeched her to formula. Basically I agree with the other posters - as long as she is gaining weight, having wet nappies then I wouldn;t worry.

You're doing fine!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Anonymous55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:01pm
Thank you for your replies and advice!
I added up her formula in 24 hours for 4 days in a row and she has gone from drinking 600ml to well above 1000ml and is today down again to 600ml (seems like she's had a growth spurt). I'm not worried about it atm as she's having plenty of wet nappies, so I'm just going with the flow and seeing how her weight gain is going at the next plunket appt in 2 weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply