FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAdditcted to Itti’s??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Lexiesmumma Lexiesmumma wrote:

Originally posted by AandCsmum AandCsmum wrote:

Liz, I'm trying to work out how you've folded them?

Mrsmc you need a cover with the Boo's though. But they are trim plus the super absorbancy for overnight.

Ah I can see how she has folded them, the same way I do once they are dirty.... kind of like you would a disposable. The bottom is rolled over twice I think and then the wings are just attached to each other not the snaps on the middle of the nappy, if that makes sense. At least I think thats what she has done.

I missed my ittis we went on holiday and had to use disposables. I am so glad we chose to do mcns

that's right
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 12:29pm
Ohhh....I get ya! I don't do that when they are dirty LOL I just cross them over really tight. Might have to try that when I use the wet bag next.

Bex, I'm dreading our holiday in Sept for that reason! It will be easier using sposies but will be weird LOL I need shopping space so won't be taking them
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:17pm
I used a disposable on adele today and got nappy rash! I couldn't believe it poor girl
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:18pm
Yep same here Although I've found budget to be the best for my boy's sensitive bum.
Kel

clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 5:13pm
AandCsmum, if yours are really worn already, would you consider them a good buy? I thought I would use cloth because of the savings but after stalking here for so long it would seem that the number of nappies people buy probably nearly makes it more expensive. I hear the argument that you're set up for additional children but if yours are well worn from one child would it be realistic to expect them to last for another one or two children?

If anyone has any comments on if they actually think there is a cost saving I'd be appreciative.

thx
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:57pm
Oh yes definitely...They are still going strong, they are not as plush as the newer ones I've got but then again they've been sat on a fair bit . I only had basically enough to cover one day & night for over 6 months so these all had daily use. I also didn't hang them properly to save elastic stretch. He's been in meds since Sept last year. I had 8 smalls which I paid less than RR($240ish) for & then I on sold them for $115 (mix of new & 2nd hand) I replaced those 8 with another 8, again mix new(mostly)/old. It's only recently that I've bought a few new ones in the fancy prints.

If you used a dryer they'd be almost like new.

Also you need to look at how much disposables cost over one childs life & how much you spend on MCN's they are definitely a saving.

I think I've spent all up around $700?? I think that is including my on selling. Looking at Pams at $7.00 a packet & all the nappy creams I would have been using plus nappy wipes I reckon I would have spent far more. My boy is a super wee'er & disposables give him nappy rash. So for me apart from not spending $10-15 each shop on nappies it's more to do with his skin. I don't use disposables over night & If we go away we use cloth, hense my dilemma about going away to Oz for 2 weeks as his skin will suffer.

So if you are sensible & don't go buying nappies left, right & centre then for sure they are definitely a cost saving.
Kel

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 10:11am
How should you hang them?

And yep, cheaper here too.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 12:50pm
I saw somewhere that you should hang them by their tabs & then the insert (AIO) so back tab, front tab & insert. So they go sideways along the line. I used to hang them from just the front hanging down so the weight of the wet insert was dragging on the elastic.

I used to hang the SIO's with the insert on them but now I detach.
Kel

clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:33pm
Thanks for that, I always thought it should be cheaper but then it seemed like people were always buying new nappies and I would wonder how much money they would be spending on them. I guess the key is not to get caught up in the latest 'craze' nappy.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:08pm
There are a few more hints on Itti Bitti facebook today.

Don't spin them so fast & they will be fluffier, downside I reckon they'll take longer to dry.

Front loading up the water level cause the nappies soak up a fair bit. I have got around this by doing the prewash function on mine.

Also a friend of mine reckons to snap up the AIO's with the tongue hanging out to retain elastic.
Kel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345