FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrizzling, grunting, delatching at feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chocol8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocol8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grizzling, grunting, delatching at feed
    Posted: 23 May 2010 at 2:33pm
My 8wk baby has suddenly decided to delatch, grunt, grizzle about 5-10 mins into the feed. Her whole face goes very red and she pulls at the nipple. It's as if she's frustratred, but almost immediately re-latches herself, and cries if I take her off. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 3:11pm
Maybe she doesn't like the let down? You could try leaning back when you feed, or maybe lying on your side with bubs lying next to you.
Jody did the same thing but when she was about 2 weeks old, I had a pretty mega let down and she would gag on it then she soon came to expect it and get crabby as the milk came.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:28pm
is she going for a poo or wee? My little girl does the same, about 5 minutes in starts pulling off the breast, so i take her off and 10secs later she poos!

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:37pm
Jamie did the exact same thing at that age.

It was trapped wind.    We tried some infacol before a feed and it helped a little bit.   After 12 or so weeks it all seemed to settle down.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:02am

Yeah my boy often does that when he has wind and also in the early days when I had a let down as I have a very fast let down and he couldn't keep up, I think he's used to it now though.

I just have to take him off quite frequently to wind him, like 4 or 5 times during a feed

chocol8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocol8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 8:45am
Thanks for the advice - have worked out that it is a fast let down, and that leaning back made a difference. Now bubs is full again (getting the hind milk) and sleeping longer at night. Happy days!

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 9:59am
I have a fast let down and Lily HATES it, she's gotten used to it now but in the early days she sounded just like that so feeds took ages as a result!
 Post Reply Post Reply