FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRLS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rachaels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RLS
    Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:31pm
Hey ladies,

Just wondering whether anyone can describe exactly what RLS feels like? All last night and today I have been feeling ticks and twitches in my calves, sometimes it kinda feels like there's a bug whizzing around my veins - if that makes any sense at all. It's driving me slightly insane!

Not sure whether this is RLS or whether I'm just going mad

ETA - Bugger, this was supposed to be in the pregnancy section. PREGGY BRAIN!

Edited by rachaels
Sponsored Links

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 5:03pm
Is it when you lie or sit down? Does it ease if you stand on the cold floor and stamp up and down a bit? I had awful awful RLS when pregnant with DS1 and I couldn't get a good night sleep for ages. I used to sleep on the couch with my legs over the hard armrests just grinding my calf muscles into the couch.    I just wanted to move my legs and feet all the time!

A week after I started taking iron supplements, it went away!

Different minerals and supplements seem to ease it for different people. Mine was iron. Others have mentioned potassium, magnesium etc.   

Apparently if you put a bar of soap under your sheets, it goes away.   I haven't tried it but some people swear by it!
 Post Reply Post Reply