FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLochia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lochia
    Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:10pm
I don't know whether I should be worried or not and I'm not the most comfortable about ringing my midwife...

Bubs was born 10 days ago and the bleeding has gone bright red again (has for a couple of days) after changing to reddy brown about 3 days after coming home.

It's not heavy but should I be concerned that its gone red again???
Sponsored Links

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:16pm
i'm pretty sure mine went something like yours - similar to getting your time of the month after.

1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:24pm
Mine went between bright red and brown for weeks, I don't think you need to worry :-)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:24pm
Mine did that whenever I increased my activity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:30pm
That's a relief...thanks ladies
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:37pm
Yeah mine did too when I was more active.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 9:48pm
Mine too, did that for about 3-4 weeks from memory too. Would even go a few days with no bleeding and then would go for a walk or something and would bleed again.

My neighbour had have PPH and it was crazy heavy, she said she needed a towel not a pad

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 10:28pm
Yip after more activity than normal...just your body saying to take it easy

Oct 11
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:00pm
It's a pain ay?
I'm still bleeding 4 weeks later. Every time I think its stopping I start getting the red blood again grrrr!
I'd really like DH to get a look in now that my stitches have healed.... but still bleeding so annoying!
lilliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:10pm
Same! Just when I thought it had stopped, it would start all over again. It will come to an end I promise! For mine to completely go, it took almost 6 weeks
Jelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:15pm
The first day I was brave enough not to wear a pad was the day Caleb was 6 weeks old. It can last a bloody long time, pun intended! It should become just coloured discharge soon so you can then wear much smaller pads. The discharge will probably last a few weeks though.

On the plus side, if you're BFing you might not have to deal with AF until after you wean bubs!
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:44pm
Mine lasted for about 5 weeks before it finally stopped and then i got AF 2 weeks later, it sucked big time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:41pm
far out and here I was thinking that it was supposed to stop after 10 days
I must have misunderstood the midwives...ah well

Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply